Lost again

still Tom's POV, nerds!•
I blush and smile as we walk back to the car, and I see him sneaking glances at me and grinning.
I was hoping we could talk on the drive home, but when we get in the car Tord turns on the radio. I sigh and stare at my checkered shoes as an old Panic! at the Disco song plays.
After a minute, I hear him quietly singing,
"Ain't it so, ain't it so perfect?
Our cynical minds will make it totally worth it.
So give it to me now, I'm lost in a dream now.
Do it (5-4-3-2) one more time."
I recognize the song and begin humming along.
"In the Vegas lights,
Where villains spend the weekend.
The deep end.
We're swimming with the sharks until we drown.
The Vegas lights,
The lies and affectations,
Sensation,
We're winning 'till the curtain's coming down."
Though we don't acknowledge each other, we speak in a different way, using songs instead of words, as the bright city lights lead us home.
<><><><>
The moment we arrive home, I know something is wrong. Police are standing on our stoop, Matt is worriedly explaining something to them, and Edd is behind him, too distraught to say anything.
"Here he is now! He'll prove it to you!" Matt says as we get out of the car.
"Tord Larsin?" The policeman says gruffly. "Or should I call you...Red Leader?"
Tord goes pale. "I left the Red Army. Days ago."
"Why, may I ask? You were powerful."
"Too many migraines." Tord chuckled weakly.
I clutched onto his arm.
"Oh, and who's this?" The policeman looks back at me. I cower under his gaze.
"Leave him alone. He never did anything wrong." Tord says firmly.
The man didn't listen and grabbed me by the hoodie sleeve. I give a tiny cry as he pulls me forward. Painfully.
"What's your name, kid?"
"T-T-Thomas R-Rockw-well?" I squeak.
"What business do you have with Mr Larsin?"
"I'm his...um...I don't really know what we are."
"Do you work for him?"
"N-no!" I say a bit too forcefully.
The policeman scowls and shoves me backwards. I fall into Tord, who catches me and stands me upright.
Tord steps forward until he's eye to eye with the policeman.
"Leave. Him. Alone." He growls through clenched teeth.
"Oh? And what if I...don't?" The policeman gives me another little push. Not too forceful, just enough to make me stumble.
Tord's face grows redder.
"Tord...don't give in..." I whimper.
Tord takes a deep breath and steps back.
"You never told me...why are you here?"
"You are considered to be a threat to those around you. You think you're going to get away scot free? Very funny. Prison. Life sentence. No calls, no contact with the outside world. And especially no boyfriend." The man chuckles. "Say your goodbyes."
Tord's face hardens, but he shows no emotion.
I feel cold.
I feel faint, like everything is distant.
All the voices grow hazy, as well as my vision. I feel sick.
"Tom? Guys, I don't think Tom-"
The world goes black as I slump to the pavement.
The last thing I feel is Tord's warm arms around me, and his gentle voice in my ear.
"Hold on, Tom..."
Then it all goes black.

(A/N: I'm struggling here even though it's just a rewrite but BOOM TWO PARTS IN ONE DAY. also, I'm sorry for bombarding you with my cheesiness with the song scene. Please don't injure me it was a one time thing I swear. ALSO thank y'all so much for 8k this is really amazing!! I never thought people would like my stories this much!! But anyway, it's an honor to be your author~chan and I'll get the next part out ASAP! :3)