Hospital Confessions

STILLLL TOM'S POV•
I'll switch after this. Promise•
Beep...beep...beep...
"Hey, Tord? Edd? I think he's waking up."
I slowly open my 'eyes' to see Tord, Matt, and Edd all standing around me.
"Where...am I?" I groan.
"In the hospital." Matt says matter-of-factly (MATTer? Did...did anyone get it?)
"Oh...why?"
"When the policeman said they were going to take Tord away you passed out and then you hit your head and then the ambulance came and Tord and Edd were crying but I was brave because I am awesome and then the sirens were all 'WOOP WOOP!' and then the paramedics were all 'code something!' and then you were here."
I blink slowly. "Um...okay..."
Tord is standing at the foot of the bed, his oversized red hoodie clinging to his skinny frame. He takes his eyepatch off to wipe his eyes, revealing singed skin with three long gashes down his face.
He notices me staring and puts the patch back into place.
"Just another...side effect, if you will, of the explosion." He smiles weakly at me. "Are you...okay?"
I nod and open my arms, hoping that he'll understand what I want.
He gives Matt, who grudgingly moves out of the way, a little nudge, and gently wraps his arms around me. The fabric of his hoodie is cool and refreshing against my flushed skin, and I bury my face in his chest and begin to cry.
"I don't want to lose you, Tord..."
He pulls away with a wavering smile. "Well actually, min søte, I talked my way out of it. I'm on probation, but I can stay."
I feel a slight bit relieved, but still pull him back and hold him tightly. He absentmindedly strokes my hair as I try to wrap my aching head around what was happening.
"This is so unfair..." I whisper.
He shrugs and murmured, "it's better than never seeing each other again."
Hot tears run down my face. "It's still not fair. I don't know what to do."
He tightens his grip around me. "I don't either. But we'll figure something out, because I'll never leave you."
I look into his soft grey eyes. He leans down and gently presses his lips against my forehead. I hug his waist tighter.
"I love you, Tord..." I mumble awkwardly.
He runs a hand through my hair and chuckles. "I love you, too."
"Awwhhh!" Matt squeals. "So much love!" In a moment of insanity he leans over and gives Edd a kiss on the lips.
"Matt!" He giggles, kissing him back.
"Ewww!" I groan jokingly. "I'm still injured!"
"Oh, shut up!" Tord laughs before kissing me on the lips. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. It's almost as great as our first kiss.
A nurse walks in, and Tord jumps back about four feet.
She runs her hand through her long, wavy dark hair and chuckles.
"I don't know how you got such an injury, Mr Rockwell, but it did no damage to your brain and I'm just here to clear you."
I nod, sneaking a glance at Tord. His face is as red as his hoodie.
"Um...yeah, of course." I mumble, signing the paper messily.
"Thank you, Thomas! Now, you can't get your stitches wet for a week. Don't pick at them. Don't brush your hair around them. Be very careful, and when you come back in about two weeks, we'll take them out. Sound good?"
I nod. "Sounds good! Thank you!"
As we walk to the car, I lean over and whisper to Tord, "we don't have to tell them about the singing, right?"
"I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about."
"Okay, good."
I look up to see him, the moonlight reflecting off of the sharp curves of his hair, his grey eyes shining. His pale skin looked almost luminescent, and I noticed how thin he was.
"Tord...?" I ask worriedly.
"Yeah?"
"Have you...been eating?"
Tord was silent a moment.
"I never ate on the base. I never had time. But I do now. I just haven't regained my strength."
I thought back to the day I first saw him, running down the street. I realized how skinny he looked, how dark the circles under his eyes were, how fresh his scars we-
"Tord?"
"Yeah?"
"Were you cutting yourself?"
Tord's breath catches, and he carefully rolls up the sleeve on his left arm.
Long, jagged white lines run down his arms, from the inside of his elbow to his wrist.
"Oh, Tord..." I murmur.
"I'm not anymore." He says quickly. "I was stressed at home on the-" he grimaces, putting a hand to his temple. "Base."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
I feel his cold, metallic hand intertwine with mine, making me blush and stare straight ahead at the road being lit up by the streetlights. The same road that would take us home.