Not Lost, But Gone

Tom's POV -still-•
"Tord had a brain aneurism. It's unlikely he'll survive, even with the surgery he just had. I'm very sorry." The doctor gives a quick, sharp nod towards Tord's door. "You can see him now."
Matt and Edd run in, showering him with kind words and "you'll be fine". I linger back, waiting for them to finish filling his head with pretty lies.
"I think Tom wants some one-on-one time with you. We'll go." Edd nudges Matt. "Let's go."
I walk in, my stomach flipping. Tord looked so pale, so frail. He sat up in the bed and smiled at me, gorgeous and disarming.
"Hello, min søte. Couldn't stay away?" He chuckled.
"You lied to me." I say slowly. The words shock me before they can hit his ears.
"W-what?"
"You told me you were fine! That it was just stress!" I yelled. "You promised you'd never leave me! You promised you'd always love me!"
Tears lace Tord's eyes.
"Min søte, I'm sorry. This is-"
"Don't call me that! You don't love me!" I screamed. "I'm not your søte! I'm glad your dying! All you did is lie to me!"
Tord choked back a sob. "Tom-"
I turned and fled.
"Tom!" Edd yelled. I ignored him and ran. I ran until I felt like I was going to throw up.
I slumped against a tree and cried.
I loved him.
He loved me.
I never wanted to hurt him.
I couldn't stop myself from yelling.
The pain was just too much.
I was his søte.
Then the texts started coming.
"Tom, get down here."
"Tom, we're losing him."
"If you ever loved him, you'll be here."
I shoved my phone into my pocket and slid down the tree trunk, burying my face in my hands and sobbing until there was nothing left in me but cold emptiness.

•Tord's POV•
"Tord...I don't think he's coming..." Edd whispered. I sighed and looked at my lap.
"I didn't expect him too...I just wanted to see him again."
"I'm sorry that it has to end like this. I wish we could do something."
The door slammed open and I jumped.
"Tom...?" I whisper.

•Tom's POV•
I burst into the dimly lit room, relieved to see Tord, sitting up and talking to Edd.
Running over, I press Tord's lips against my own and wrap my arms around him.
"I love you. I always will." I cry. "I'm so sorry."
Tord pushes me away and smiles. Then, his smile falters. "I'm honestly...terrified."
"Don't be..." I murmur. "I'll see you again."
He nods and lays back down.
"Remember, min søte. You're perfect. To me. And that's all that matters."
I nod. "Tord?"
"Yes?"
"Why'd you do it? Would you really have come back for...any of us?"
He shakes his head and chuckles. "I was always in love."
"With me?"
He nods.
"So, how do I know that you'll never forget me?"
"I only came back...for you..." his words become softer.
I hold his hand tightly.
"For me?"
"Not just for you. Only for you."
Beep...beep...beeeeeeeeeeeeep.....