Girl Crow pt. 2 (Jon Snow x fem!reader)

Jon gazed down at you in the practice yard. It had been nearly seven moons since he discovered your secret. That you weren't a man at all, but a woman. During those seven months, you continued to serve as his steward, but often times, your normal duties fell by the wayside in favor of conversation. Jon enjoyed talking to you. He enjoyed learning about your life before the Night's Watch. He loved it. Over time, he had to confess that he loved you.

So, when he saw one of the other brothers getting a little too close to you in the practice yard, Jon had to use every ounce of willpower he had not to fly off the handle. His jealousy wouldn't help anyone. Everyone else, except perhaps Master Aemon, thought you were a man. It wouldn't do for Jon to break up a practice fight just because he didn't want the other men near you. To do so could end up revealing your secret and that meant certain death.

Ghost whined, making Jon glance down. "I know. Fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, huh Ghost?" He looked back toward the yard and saw you laughing at Pyp, who you'd just knocked into the snow. Sighing, Jon forced himself to go back inside the castle. He couldn't take much more of this. As it turned out, he wouldn't have to.

*short time skip*

Jon was sitting at his desk when Ser Alliser came bursting in, his hand tightly gripping your arm. With your free hand, you held your cloak closed as best you could. You were shaking. "Lord Commander. I've got something you'll want to see." Ser Alliser released your arm and grabbed your cloak before shoving your forward. You nearly fell to the ground as your cloak came off to reveal your bindings. "I always knew he was too soft for this. Now I know why. A woman!"

The door was still open and several brothers of the Night's Watch were crowding the doorway, hoping to catch a glimpse of you to see if it was true. Pyp and Edd were holding them back as best they could. Your (e/c) eyes were wide with fear as you looked at Jon. "ENOUGH!" the Lord Commander cried, making the commotion stop. "Ser Alliser, could you not have been discreet? Return Y/B/N's cloak." Ser Alliser gave you a wicked grin, but did what he was told. You quickly covered yourself once more. "Don't you all have duties to perform?" Jon snapped. Everyone jumped and scattered except Ser Alliser. "You too. I will handle this."

"There's only one way to handle it, Lord Snow. She must be put to death." Jon didn't respond. Ser Alliser turned on his heel and left the room. Silence permeated the room until Jon finally looked at you. "Are you alright, Y/N?" You shook your head vigorously. "No. I don't understand why he came to my room. Why he opened the door without knocking or why he deemed it necessary to drag me through the entire castle wearing nothing but my trousers and cloak. Now everyone knows and I'm going to die."

"You're not going to die, Y/N. I'll make certain of it. I will find a way to fix this. Just stay with me or Ghost at all times. Do you understand?" You nodded. "Good." Before he could instruct you further, the door flew open again. "Lord Commander! Wildlings!" Jon grabbed up his sword and started to run out. "We need every man, Y/N," he told you without even looking over his shoulder. Once he was gone, you discarded your cloak and grabbed the nearest tunic.

For a moment, you got lost in the scent of Jon all over the tunic, but you soon came to your senses. You pulled the shirt on and ran out the door, Ghost on your heels. You stopped at your chambers just long enough to grab your sword. Then you ran outside to join the others.

You weren't outside a full minute before a Wildling attacked. You fought him off and headed for the nearest enemy. This one had Ser Alliser painted into a corner. As much as you didn't care for the man, you couldn't let him die that way. So, you assisted him in killing the man with a knife at his throat. Ser Alliser glared at you and you scoffed. "You're welcome, Ser." Without another word, you sprinted off, ready to defend the place you had come to call home.

It took what felt like hours, but finally the fighting ended. You had won. You, along with all your "brothers" were covered in sweat and dirt, but you were victorious. You wanted celebrate, but the feeling didn't last long before Ser Alliser was at it again, demanding your head. "She lied to us all! Insulted the honor of the Night's Watch! She needs to be punished!" He soon had several of the others riled up and baying for blood.

"She saved your life!" Edd called over the din, "Hells, she probably saved all of our lives! Don't we owe her hers in return?" The yard fell silent as everyone looked to Jon. Your fate rested in the hands of the man you had come to love. "Edd is right. She has saved us all. We owe her our gratitude and our lives. She will not die tonight." You hated that everyone was talking about you like you weren't standing right there.

Ser Alliser huffed and stormed away and the crowd around you thinned, leaving only you, Jon, Pyp, Edd and Sam. "Can't believe you fooled us," Pyp commented, making you laugh a little. "I didn't want to lie. I did it to save my brother. Y/B/N." The four men nodded in understanding. "If Y/B/N is your brother, who are you?" You gave them your name. "Well, Y/N, it has been a pleasure serving with you." Your friends left and only you and Jon remained.

"I suppose I shall have to leave now? I cannot stay even though I took the vows." Jon shook his head. "Those vows were meant for men, not women. You have to leave." You nodded and headed toward your chambers to pack your things.

When you returned to the yard, Jon was waiting with horse. You placed your belongings on the horse and turned toward him. "It has been an honor to be your steward, Lord Commander," you choked out the words. The finality in them was overwhelming. "It has been an honor to have you as my steward and to get to know you, Y/N. Safe travels." Nodding once more, you gathered enough courage to give Jon a peck on the cheek before mounting your horse. As you rode through the gate, you forced yourself not to look back at him.