You Can't Run From This (Jaime Lannister x fem!reader)

You had no idea how you were going to tell Jaime. You weren't even married and you just learned you were expecting a baby. Jaime had never said anything about wanting children. He had only just admitted to loving you. Your relationship had been secret from almost everyone. Mostly to protect you. Partly because of Jaime's vows as a knight. But now you had no choice in your mind. You had to tell him.

Late that night, Jaime came to you as he always did. He snuck into your room with a smile on his face. When you didn't return it, Jaime knew something was wrong. "Y/N?" You licked your lips and sighed heavily. "T-There's something I have to tell you, Jaime." Jaime slowly removed his armor. His eyes never left you while he did it.

You sat on the bed, unmoving. It wasn't like you and it was beginning to worry him. Whatever was bothering you was clearly something big. Once Jaime was down to his trousers and tunic, he sat down next to you. "What is it?" You let out a shaky breath then mumbled something. "What?" You said it again, a little louder but he still didn't hear you. "Y/N, I need you to speak up."

"Oh for the love of all the gods! I'm pregnant!" you practically screamed, causing Jaime to jump. You put your hand over your mouth. You hadn't meant to just yell it out like that. "You're what?" You repeated yourself in an even tone. "How is this possible?" You rolled your eyes. "You know very well how it's possible, Jaime Lannister." Jaime shot up to his feet again.

"No. You can't be." You frowned. Of all the reactions that had flashed through your mind, this was not one of them. "I am. I am certain of it." Jaime shook his head defiantly. "No, Y/N. I'm telling you that you're wrong." You clenched your fists in your lap. "I'm not, Jaime. I swear it. I'm going to have a baby. Your baby." Jaime ran his hand through his hair and let out an almost animalistic type noise. "This can't be happening." You got to your feet and stood toe-to-toe with your lover. "Well it is! Don't bury your head in the sand, Jaime. Whether you like it or not, this is happening."

Jaime grabbed your upper arm a little tightly. "You have to leave. You have to leave King's Landing right now!" You wrenched your arm away. "No! You can't just send me away like I don't matter anymore! You can't run from this!" you yelled for a second before your voice softened, "I-I thought you loved me." He let out a groan. "I do, Y/N."

"Get out," you whispered. Jaime just stood there. "GET OUT! JUST GO!" Leaving his armor behind, Jaime scrambled from the room. He'd come back after you both had calmed down a bit. In the corridor, Jaime leaned against your door. His mind was in torment. It wasn't that he didn't want a child with you. Hells, he was ecstatic about it. But he had wanted to wait just a bit longer. Just until he was able to leave King's Landing.

In truth, the man was scared out of his mind. Not about the baby. But about what would happen to you. There was a reason no one knew of your relationship. It was because Jaime was scared of what his sister would do when she learned of his love affair with you. She was a jealous woman and to her, Jaime was hers and hers alone and always would be. She never once considered that maybe Jaime might find another. Granted, neither had Jaime.

When he met you, he did his best to ignore you. You were just another woman after all. But then he got to know you over time and he fell in love. He fell hard. So hard he would have given you anything you asked of him. But he also felt overwhelming need to protect you. That need had just grown stronger the moment the words, "I'm pregnant" came pouring from your mouth. If Cersei would hurt you to get him back, Jaime didn't even want to think about what she would do to your baby...his baby. He only hoped you'd give him a chance to explain that to you.

Sniffling from behind the door tore Jaime's heart in two. He had done that. He gathered up his nerve and opened the door again. He closed it quietly behind him, barring it from any other intruders. You were lying on your bed with your back to him. "Y/N," he whispered. "Go away, please," came your strangled reply. Instead of listening, Jaime drew closer to the bed until he could lie beside you.

To his amazement, you let him gather you in his arms and kiss your hair. "I'm sorry," he offered quietly. You barely nodded. "Look at me, please." You slowly turned in his arms so you were facing him. Tears stained your cheeks and your eyes were still wet as more threatened to fall. Jaime wiped the tears from your face and placed a gentle kiss to your lips. "I love you." You sniffled again. "Do you?" Jaime winced. He deserved that.

"I swear it. I know I didn't react the way I should have. But believe me, I have a reason." You didn't reply. He knew you were waiting for him to continue. "I don't want you to leave because I don't want you or the baby. I do. I'm...I'm frightened." You scoffed through your tears. "You? You aren't afraid of anything, Jaime."

"That isn't true. I'm afraid of losing you. I'm afraid that something might happen to you because of me." Your expression changed to one of confusion. "Why would something happen to me?" Jaime kissed your forehead. "Cersei," was the only reply he gave. It took you a moment, but you caught on. Jaime could see when the connection clicked in your mind. The hand you weren't lying on went to your belly. "You're afraid Cersei will hurt the baby. Hurt me."

"I am. I wanted to leave King's Landing and take you with me as soon as I was able. But this changes things. I need you to leave before Cersei discovers your condition. It won't take her long to figure out the connection between us. She's smart." You shook your head and Jaime tried to argue back. "No, Jaime. I won't leave without you. Cersei doesn't scare me. I don't care what she does to me. I care about what happens to this baby and to you when she learns what's happening and that you helped me leave. I need you with me, Jaime. For both of our safety."

Jaime was touched by your concern for him. He kissed your forehead again, and then your cheeks. All over your face until you were giggling before he kissed your lips. "I love you, Y/N. No one has ever cared for me the way you do." You reached up to cup his cheek. "It's what you do for people you love, Jaime. And I love you so very much. No matter what life throws our way, I want to meet it head on by your side."

Jaime pulled you close to you could hear his heart beating in his chest. "Then we leave at dawn. Perhaps I can offer my services to the King in the North and he won't have me beheaded..." You rolled your eyes with a laugh. "Jaime." Jaime smiled. He knew that no matter what, he was going to stay by your side from then on. He wasn't going to run from the thing he was always afraid to say he wanted most. A real love and family.