A Daily Reminder (Jorah Mormont x fem!reader)

"I promise I'll return to you." Those words echoed in your head every single day. Jorah's promise had so far been unfulfilled. You had not seen him in years and it killed you. Surely most women felt that way when they lose their loves, but you had a constant, daily reminder of your lost lover. A darling little girl with Jorah's reddish-blonde curls and sparkling blue eyes. Jorah's daughter.

You didn't expect to see Jorah again when you traveled with Jon to Dragonstone to meet with Daenerys Targaryen. You had come with Jon as part of his guard, leaving your daughter with Sansa in Winterfell. When your daughter had weaned, you had to find something to occupy your time and you found your niche in sword fighting. You worked as hard as any man and fought battles with them.

"Be on your guard," Jon and Davos had warned you. You had nodded, knowing that nothing could shake your focus. You were wrong. You were standing with Jon, Davos, and Daenerys when Tyrion approached. "Someone is here to see you, Your Grace." Daenerys asked who. "Ser Jorah."

You froze. "S-Ser Jorah? Ser Jorah Mormont?" you asked in a soft voice. It was the first time you'd really spoke in Daenerys' presence and she turned to you surprise. "You know Ser Jorah?" You nodded. "Yes, Your Grace. We know each other quite well." Daenerys smiled. "Wonderful. I am certain Ser Jorah will be happy to see you." You frowned slightly. You hoped that would be the case.

Jorah didn't see you at first. His blue eyes went straight to Daenerys. "Ser Jorah, it's good to see you my friend." Jorah smiled at her and she hugged him. You hid behind Davos, unsure of what to do. Instead, you observed Jorah. He looked a little more mature than the last time you saw him. His reddish hair and signs of grey streaked in it and there were lines around his eyes that hadn't been there before. He still looked as attractive as you remembered.

You were so engrossed in looking at Jorah, you didn't realize that the others had moved back toward the castle. "Y/N?" You blinked in surprise at Jorah's voice directed at you. "Is it really you?" he asked and you nodded. "It is...wonderful to see you, Jorah." He frowned a little. "Is that all you have to say to me?"

"What would you have me say?" You heard Daenerys quietly suggest to the others that they should continue on and let the two of you talk. "It has been years, Jorah. I know you married another woman and then were exiled from Westeros. I never heard from you. Not one word. In all these years." You could hear your voice cracking.

Jorah at least had the decency to look ashamed of his actions, or lack thereof. "The marriage was arranged, Y/N. I had no choice." You sniffled and you hated it. It had been so long since you cried over the man. "Yes well, apparently neither did my family when they disowned me after discovering I was pregnant." You stopped short and your eyes widened. You hadn't intended on telling him that.

"P-Pregnant? You had a child? M-My child?" You nodded. You watched his expression change from one of shock to one of pure elation. "I have a child?" Again, you nodded and explained to him what had happened. "After my family disowned me, the Starks were kind enough to take me in. Lady Stark was a great help to me. Our daughter was born in Winterfell after you fled. The Starks helped us start a new life."

Jorah didn't reply. He was too shocked. He had always wanted children and now he had one. One he had never seen before. It was bittersweet. Would his daughter want to meet him? Would you even let him near her? "Are you going to say something or stare at me with your mouth open like a fish?" Jorah shook his head. "Where is she?"

"Winterfell. It is the safest place for her now." Jorah had yet to take his eyes off you, but he nodded. "Good. I-I would love to meet her, if you'll let me." You finally smiled a little at that. "You are her father, Jorah. If you really want to meet her, I won't stop you." With that, you turned to rejoin the others.

Jorah's hand caught yours, stopping you in your tracks. "I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm sorry. I hope one day you can forgive me." You looked back at him. "Jorah, I forgave you a long time ago. I see so much of you in our daughter. Your hair, your eyes, your gentleness and strength. She is the best parts of you and a daily reminder of the man I fell in love with." You turned to face him fully.

"I had hoped that my love for you would lessen over the years and that, perhaps, if and when I saw you again, it would hurt a little less. If anything, I love you more now than I did before," you admitted in a hushed tone. You knew he'd still hear you. You glanced down at your feet, but only for a moment, Then. Jorah's hand cupped your chin and lifted your face so he could look into your eyes again.

"My feelings for you never changed, Y/N. I tried to find love elsewhere, but never succeeded. When this is over, I would love nothing more than to return to your home with you and be a family." Your smile grew. "If we survive this, I wouldn't have it any other way." Jorah chuckled softly before he brough this lips closer to yours. He hovered for a moment, giving you a chance to backaway. When you didn't, he kissed you. It was every bit as sweet as you remembered.