Celebrity (Davos Seaworth x fem!reader) Modern AU

(kind of an open ending)

You let out a sigh of relief when you managed to escape the horde of people waiting with cameras. While you loved your fans, you needed a break from the paparazzi every once in a while. You really only wanted to go out for a coffee. You never expected to be surrounded by paparazzi in such a small town while on vacation.

You saw them coming a mile away. You needed to hide before they found you. The closest building to you was a library. What better place to hide? You ducked into the practically empty library and walked to hide in between the shelves, just in case someone had seen you. Unfortunately for you, you weren't paying attention to where you were going and ended up running smack dab into somebody.

"Forgive me, miss." You looked up to see an older gentleman with salt and pepper hair and blue-grey eyes. "No, I ran into you. I'm sorry." You glanced over your shoulder and ducked behind the man when you saw one of the paparazzi run passed the window. The man chuckled. "Former lover?" he asked and you felt your face heat up.

"No. Paparazzi." He turned and studied your face for a second. Then, his eyes widened and you could see the realization in his face. "Y-You're Y/F/N!" You clamped a hand over his mouth. You didn't want to draw any more attention to yourself. Only after a second did you realize what you were doing. "Sorry," you whispered, removing your hand.

"I understand. You can stay with me as long as you need. My daughter is floating around here somewhere so I probably won't see her for hours." You smiled up at him. "Thanks. I really didn't mean to intrude on your time." The man shrugged a little. "Like I said, Shireen is lost in the books here. It'll be hours before I see her. In truth, I wouldn't mind the company as long as you're hiding out in here." You bit your lip, wary of strangers. You were a actress after all and people loved to show their friends that they met you. Still, he seemed harmless. "You know, I'd like that. A decent conversation with someone that's not my agent."

The man made his way over to one of the tables and you followed suit. "I'm Davos, by the way. And I apologize for my outburst. Shireen and I love your movies, especially the last." You smiled at him. "Thank you. How old is your daughter?" Davos' expression changed to one of pride. "Almost seventeen."

You and Davos sat talking for what felt like an entire day. He didn't press about your personal life and didn't spend the time flattering you. You had a normal conversation, talking about your interests, likes and dislikes, hobbies. Normal, human things. It was absolutely refreshing. In all honesty, you felt a connection to the man.

It wasn't until your phone vibrated that you were brought back to reality. It was your agent asking where you were. You had to prep for an interview the next day. You bit back a groan. "Bad news?" Davos asked. You laughed lightly. "Unfortunately. I have to cut our conversation short here. That was my agent." Davos frowned a little. "Right. Well I suppose duty calls."

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Davos. Thank you for the most stimulating conversation I've had in years." You moved to stand, knocking your purse off the table. Some of the contents spilled onto the carpet. You crouched down on the floor and began picking up your belongings. Davos leaned down to help and your hands brushed slightly. You couldn't deny that you felt a slight jolt at the contact. Clearing your throat, you thanked him and stood. "Goodbye, Davos. And thanks again for keeping me company." You turned and left the library.

No sooner were you outside did the camera flashes start. Turns out the paparazzi were just waiting for you. You ducked by them and tried to return to your hotel. Davos was watching through the window. "You like her, don't you, Dad?" Davos looked at his foster daughter. "Doesn't matter. Chances are we'll never see her again." Shireen smiled at her father. Maybe he was right and they would never see you again except in movies. But maybe, just maybe, fate would intervene and you'd become a bigger part of their lives. Celebrity or not, Shireen had a feeling that it wouldn't be the last time her dad saw you.