CHAPTER NINE

ASHTON.

"You said it wouldn't be for too long, it's been three fucking weeks." I angrily snapped at Parker as I tossed my work belt off and onto the table. "What am I meant to do? Just sit around and wait for her to come home?"

Parker sighed, shrugging. "Honestly, I don't know."

I couldn't blame him. None of this was his fault. I was just on edge, taking my anger out on everyone else. There was a niggling thought that maybe there was more to this story than anyone was letting on.

Hell, I had almost fallen off a roof when I opened her text a couple weeks back, telling me that she loved me still. Yeah, the boys made fun of me for that one.

Still, I sent her daily texts. Every morning, I would send her one and then again before I fell asleep at night. It had been a total of six weeks since she walked out that door, and each day I only vowed to make changes for when she came back home. That meant making sure Jenna was changing also for the better.

I didn't shave the beard, but I was trimming it up. My hair needed a cut badly, but I managed to look half decent with some wax. Maybe I should have gotten a cut, but my usual hairdresser was currently out of town.

Saturday mornings, was cleaning day here.

Mum refused to come help anymore, and in a way, I was glad. This was my chance to show Belle things were changing. She could see that I was more hands on around the house, that I was stepping up and being a better father, as well as man.

Standing in the doorway of Jenna's room, I looked around at the piles of clothing strewn across the floor. "Fucking hell." I groaned. This was a fucking mess. I had asked her to clean the rooms before she left, and she'd assured me it was clean.

If this was her definition of clean, then I had a lot to teach her.

I hadn't woken up in a good mood to start with, Jenna was staying over at mum and dads, which was probably working out for the best this weekend. Three weeks was far too long, I needed to go and get her.

The amount of dirty clothing was on the floor, was unbelievable. It wasn't that hard to hang something up. Something she would learn how to do when she arrived home. Picking everything up, I dropped it all down onto her bed when I felt something brushed on my foot as it fell.

This would have to be every parent's worst nightmare. Well, it was mine.

Frozen to the spot, I pulled out my phone and dialled Parkers number. My heart was pounding, possibly harder than when Belle up and left me.

"Is this is about Isabelle again, I suggest you seek medical advice." He answered with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, and get over here now."

I ended the call before I threw up. I didn't expect this. Well, sure I expected it, but not for another ten plus years. At least not until she moved out. Not at the age of 14. Christ, I sat down on her bed running my hand through my hair and up over my face.

Pacing the living room, I waited for Parker to turn up. This is when I needed Isabelle, but she wasn't here. I had no one else to turn to, except for him. My mother couldn't know about this, she'd lose her shit more than I was currently doing.

"What the hell is wrong?" Parker finally turned up after twenty minutes of stalking around the house.

Then I held it up, what had wrecked my morning and thrown my head space into an even more fucked up mess than it was. "This."

His eyes widened, and halted his step. "Is that what I think it is? Look man, I know it's been a few weeks for you, but there's no way in hell I'm going to bend over and take it. No matter how much you beg."