CHAPTER ELEVEN

ASHTON.

    Parker stood with his hands up in defence. "Hear me out first."

    I was fuming, not only at the fact this day had gone to shit, but the fact my best mate, knew all along that my girlfriend was pregnant. I had no doubt that she told him the night she left here. I stooped walking towards him, dropped my gaze and stared down at the photo with tears coming to life. My heart felt as if it had been ripped from my chest.

    Isabelle is pregnant.

    "She was about to tell me she was pregnant. I fucking said no." I shook my head in disbelief. "I told her to wait, that it wasn't going to happen." How could I have been so stupid. "She left. I told her I didn't want any more kids, when I have another way on the way."

    "Ash, don't beat yourself up. She was going to tell you, she wanted to tell you." Parker started. His words gave no comfort. "Isabelle was worried you would have been forced to choose, and she didn't want you to do that."

    "Why?" I scoffed. "Because I had already chosen my daughter? I've allowed Jenna to make Belle's life a living hell for years, all because she just wanted some reaction from her, she wanted to piss her off and make her snap." It was sick, and twisted. "She played me. Used me and Belle against each other."

    "I know. It's fucked up."

    Fucked up was right. "I can't believe this is what's been happening."

    I made my way past him, going downstairs with the photo tucked into my back pocket. I was going to be a father again. Just knowing Isabelle had a part of us growing inside her, stirred an emotion I hadn't experienced before. I was happy.

     Snatching my tool belt from the wooden family dining table, I called out. "Get the drill and I'll pay for what we're about to do."

    Parker smirked. "On it boss."

    Three hours later with two builders in the house, Jenna's room had a new makeover. She would see it tomorrow, as part of her punishment. I rang mum, explained things to her and made it noted that she was to keep Jenna there for the night until I was home tomorrow. Under no circumstances was she to go and stay with her friend.

    I hadn't mentioned the pregnancy, that was a discussion I needed to have with Belle first.

    Parker was driving, we were going to get her. I knew I was either coming back alone, or with her. I hoped for the latter. She had every right to be pissed off, and part of me was afraid she was going to say she didn't want to come back.

    "So, I take it you're happy about the baby?" Parker finally asked.

    I nodded, reaching in and pulling out the photo once again. A wide grin spread out across my face. "I couldn't be happier. She's carrying my child, and I won't miss out on anything more than I have already done."

    "Just a quick question, are we going there because she's pregnant..?"

    I hadn't thought of it that way. "Partially yes, but I was giving her the time she asked for. I'm going to show her it'll be different this time."

    I'd missed so much with Jenna, and I didn't know I even had a child on the way until after she was already born. The biggest drunken regret of my life. Of course, I wouldn't take it back now, I loved my daughter.

"How was she, when she stayed with you? Pregnant wise I mean?" I asked.

    Parker laughed, shaking his head. "The smell of coffee makes her spew. I couldn't drink any in the house. She's excited though, Ash."