CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ISABELLE.

Maybe I shouldn't have lost my temper like that, but there was no denying she had dug her claws in and really pushed me to the maximum limit. My head hurt like never, and my heart was raging fast inside my chest from the fact she had made me out to be the evilest step monster possible.

I could see Ashton's pained expression from having to step up, and take full control over his parental duties, enforcing the new rules and law around here.

I turned back to Jenna as she made her way up the stairs, sighing. "I'm sorry I'm not the mum you wish for. I honestly tried to be someone you could count on Jenna, and I would have done anything for you. I'm sorry you hate me this much." Clearly, I just sucked.

Tired from yelling, and crying, I made my way to our bedroom. I had to lay down before I exhausted myself. My arm hurt from swinging a hammer, not my finest moment, but that's because I had really lost all patience.

At breaking point, all because she lied. A lie that she could no longer hide from.

I heard Ashton in her bedroom, coming under her about the pile of clothing on the floor. She was more horrified that he had painted her bedroom white, and taken the door off the hinge. Hopefully that would possibly teach her a lesson, but part of me doubted it. She's been this way for so long, it would take a miracle for anything to change her.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I curled to my side, hugging the pillow and closing my eyes as I heard our bedroom door open, and then quietly close again. His arms snaked around my waist, while placing a soft kiss to the nape of my neck. I cried, and he remained silent. Just holding me, which is all I needed right in this moment.

"You're going to leave me, aren't you?" he said quietly, after some time of silence.

His voice was shaky, as he held me tighter. I turned, rolling in his arms as I looked up, catching a glimpse of my man, who had tears of his own. "Ash." I said softly, my hand cupping his cheek as I leant in and pressed my lips against his.

Our kiss soon deepened, and it probably wasn't the time but need and want washed over me, I needed him. His body moving to mine, a hand on my inner thigh, gripping as I wrapped my legs around his and cupped his ass, gripping firmly.

Taking control, as he took my hand and stretched out arms out above my head, kissing harder, until the want turned into soft, slow passion. Breaking the kiss, I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you. Ever."

The worry in his expression disappeared, but I could sense he still thought I would up and leave at any given moment. His hand playfully slipped beneath my shirt, as he lowered down my body. "You're pretty hot with a hammer, I'm looking for an apprentice if you're interested?"

I had to laugh, bucking my hips into his face. "Is that so? Maybe I understand your love for building, hitting things all day could be a great stress reliever for me."

I could feel his smile as he placed a kiss to my inner thigh. "I'll buy you a tool belt for your birthday, but in the meantime, I'll give you another stress reliever."

His tongue teasingly licking up and down my slit, circling my clit until I was fisting the sheets, and crying out in pleasure. His idea of relieving stress, was well worth it indeed.

Fucking purely to relieve stress, was sometimes just the right thing, and in our case. We fucked damn hard.

His smile brought me to a fit of giggles. "Stop it." I laughed, slapping his chest.

"Who's the man, baby. C'mon, tell me, who's the man." He caught my hand, and kissed it.

I bit my lip, basking in the afterglow of my orgasm. "You're the man."

"Three times in half hour, you're fucking right I am." He winked, going to touch my pussy again, but I pulled his hand away and he groaned. "You say it's tender, but I could give you another go?"

"Please don't. I'm sore, hungry and you can wait a couple hours." I pointed out, pushing my self to all fours and hoovering above him. "Shower with me, and I'll blow you if you're still horny."

Showered, fucked and dressed, I was beyond sore between the thighs as I slowly took the steps and made my way into the kitchen. Jenna had fallen asleep in her bed, I made sure to check on her before I came down here. Ashton was on a work call, probably speaking to Parker no doubt, bragging about his afternoon sexual conquests.

It had definitely been awhile since he'd given me a limp.

The look must have been on my face, as Ashton walked in and raised his brow. "What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged, smirking. "That time you made me unable to walk."

"The all nighter? Christ, that was a while ago." He paused, and shrugged. "I probably knocked you up back then, we went pretty hard. You had cum running down your thigh."

I cringed as his detailed memory of it. "Ok, you don't have to give a play by play of the night." I laughed, my cheeks with a slight blush.

"Soon, we will be pulling all nights in another way that we won't enjoy," he winked. "No sleep for us anymore."

I just smiled. "You might not enjoy it, but I can't wait." I really couldn't.

"I know you will, and I only regret not giving you something you've longed for. I'll give you as many children as you'd love to have." He looked me in the eyes, smiling.

"As many as we both would like, it's not just me, Ash. I don't want to have five babies if you're not wanting them."

"Five? What about two or three more?" he bargained.

That was good enough for me. "Perfect, but for now, I'm starving. Let's make dinner."

"You're not cooking."

I turned, looking confused. "Umm, why not? Are you going to cook? Because I don't think I'm willing to risk that."

"No, Parker is coming over. We could have a BBQ, it's nice out and you won't need to do much." He kissed my nose, moving to the freezer to grab some sausages and steaks.

"Fine." I sighed, not minding that I had a night off from cooking. "What about a salad to go with it?" I opened the fridge, and noticed all the beer bottles. Instant memories of my childhood came to light, of how my father used to be.

~~~~~

Mum had gone to the store, and I was in my bedroom doing homework. The door swung open, and then my father stumbled in, reeking of booze and cigarettes. His eyes bloodshot, cold and angry as he glared. "Get up you pathetic bitch, get the fuck up and clean this house before your mother gets back!"

His belt was swung, and the leather stung my skin as it came down hard on my shoulder. I could feel the blood, but I knew better than to cry or shout out. I didn't say anything as I walked into the kitchen, to clean the mess he had made.

His hand wrapped around my pony tail, yanking my head back hard. "Tell your mother, and I will kill her." He promised, warning me to keep quiet.

I always did.

~~~~~

My eyes opened, adjusting to the light from the living room lamp. Ashton leaning above me, holding a wash cloth. "Fuck. You scared me."

"What happened? Why am I laying down?" I noticed I was on the couch.

"You opened the fridge and fainted. If I hadn't been behind you, you'd probably be in hospital." He ran a hand through his hair, looking more tired than I felt. "You scared me, I couldn't live if something happened to you. I won't lose you again. I won't lose you, either of you."

Placing my hand over his, as he caressed my stomach. "You've got me, I'm here. We're both here."