CHAPTER FOURTEEN

ISABELLE.

I was so happy, I could feel the little strong flutters of our baby moving around followed with kicks. Ash looked beyond a happiness I had ever seen, as he still knelt down on the sand. His hands pressing firmly against the skin of my stomach. If I could capture this moment, I would. For now, it will be forever etched into my mind.

"It feels strange." He looked up, with excitement in his eyes. "Don't get me wrong, it's incredible, but terrifying also."

"That's what happens when your pull out game sucks." I smirked a little.

He scoffed, "I haven't pulled out in years. Well unless it's going in your mouth."

"Ashton." I glanced around, hoping nobody was walking by to hear him.

With a laugh, he stood and pulled me against his chest. "Oh sorry, I forgot that your mum thinks you're a good girl."

"I am."

"If you say so." He grinned. "But I've seen different. Remember that night when-"

I slapped a hand across his mouth, not wanting to hear anything whatever it was he was going to tell me. "Alright, I get your point. Come on, lets go back to the house."

We walked up to the house, and that's when I noticed mum and Parker standing on the balcony watching us. Mum had the camera out and I could only hope she had taken a photo of the two of us earlier when Ashton was on his knees kissing and touching my stomach.

"It's definitely a boy." Ashton announced.

"Oh really? I think she's a girl."

"Yes, call it a fatherly instinct." Ash placed another hand over my stomach. "He's moving again."

"It must be from your voice, he knows who his daddy is. Or well, she does." I corrected.

He laughed, "ha! I told you, a boy!"

I knew he missed all of this with Jenna, and I could tell he was incredibly excited. I just never expected that we would ever have this. I wondered what would be happening if I hadn't left for Parker's that evening, and if I stayed without saying anything. Well, I was still pregnant so he would have found out but I just wish it was something we had purposely tried for, that baby love making. I was just really loving this different side to him, the much more doting side.

"Well I will have to go and buy some blue clothes since Ashton is certain it's a boy." Mum followed us inside saying. "A little boy would be nice, and you were only saying how you believed the baby to be a boy last week."

I groaned, not needing this right now. "Thanks mum." I grumbled as Ashton smiled in triumph.

Parker walked over, kneeling in front of me. "Hey, it's Uncle Parker, the fun guy in your life and the better looking one. When your dad gets too close to mummy, make sure you give him a kick in the-ahhh." I had gripped his hair before he could even finish talking.

"Keep talking and I will have hold of something, ready to twist it off." I promised. "And anyway, it's the only tool of his that I know how to use."

"Isabelle." Mum scolded, shaking her head. "I don't want to hear that."

Ash laughed, giving me a wink. "That's true. You should see her with a drill. Christ, the day I walked in when she was trying to hang up a frame on the wall, jesus it was a mess."