Chapter 4: Visitors and Choices

Autheil jumped gracefully off her horse and search for the others. She found Arwen in her room changing. "Are you alright?" Arwen asked as she saw her sister walking into her room looking for her.

"I'm fine. Frodo?" Autheil asked. "We got him here in time. Ada is seeing him now. I'd give him a couple of hours." Autheil nodded.

"I sent Elladan and Ellrohir after Aragorn and the others they should be here in a couple hours." Autheil explained. Arwen's faced brightened at the mention of Aragorn's name. Autheil was just about to tease her about it until Arwen cut her off.

"There is someone here I think you might like to see." Autheil looked at Arwen confused. "Gandalf." she simply said. Autheil's jaw dropped while Arwen chuckled at her sister before she instructed her where to find Gandalf.

Autheil went in search of him immediately. She found him in the garden sitting in silence on a bench smoking his pipe. Autheil giggled remembering how he complained that the leafs from Earth weren't as good and those from Middle-Earth. "Gandalf." Gandalf turned to the voice and greeted Autheil with a smile. "My dear." he said and stood up while Autheil walked over and hugged him. "It has been a long time. Tell me everything." he said as they sat down.

Autheil did as he asked and told him of what had happened to her, Ron, and Harry since his death and then how she came back to Middle Earth up until she arrived. Gandalf listened attentivly as she spoke. "I'm sorry about what you had to go through but I am glad that you were able to aid Harry in his quest. I am glad that the mission was successful and not in vain." he said. "As am I." Autheil replied.

A moment of silence passed before Autheil's curiosity got the best of her. "Gandalf, what is to happen now? To the Ring?" she asked. Gandalf looked down at her

"How did you-" "Father doesn't keep things from me, he knows I'd fine out sooner or later." she explained.

Gandalf muttered something under his breath about curiosity killing the cat. "The fate of the ring is to be decided by the members of the Council that your father has called upon. All I think you know what must be done." he said. Autheil nodded before he continued "We may need you Autheil. I don't know what the Council will decide but we will need you before this is over."

"I've talked to your father." he continued. "He is unsure of your role with the Ring but I can tell he does not welcome the idea." Autheil nodded in understanding. What father would want to risk his child becoming corrupt by the Ring of Power?

"I must go dear and check on Frodo." with that Gandalf got up and left.

Autheil was left there to wonder. What was to become of the Ring? What would the Council decided? What was her part in all of this?

Autheil sighed and went to wash up and change out of her riding clothes.

Aragorn and the other hobbits arrived soon and hours after their arrival Frodo awoke well and healed. Autheil spent the two hours before talking with Aragorn about what had happened in the other world. She had shown him how much her magic had improved and even told and showed him the scars from her torture. Aragorn was one of the few Autheil trusted. Over the years he had become like a brother to her and to him a sister. Autheil told him about what Gandalf had said and he agreed with him.

"You are without a doubt one of the best fighters I know and you're amazing with magic. The Council will need you whether they like it or not."

"You know women are not welcomed among things like this. They will not allow it. They would probably rather die before they have a woman speak on the matter." she told him.

"Then I'll be the one to kill them." Aragorn said.

"Not if I bet you to it." Autheil joked making both of them smile.

"I'll always stand beside you Autheil." he said. "And I you." Autheil replied.

Aragorn went to see Frodo after a servant told them that he had awaken. Autheil knew that Gandalf was still speaking with her father so she decided to wait out on the balcony of her room that oversees the entrances.

Autheil watched as evening came and members of what she guessed were the Council arrived. First, a man ridding a brown horse arrived. He came alone and wore the white tree of Gondor. He had Light brown hair with a mustache and short beard.

Next came dawarves. Most of them were older except for a red haired dwarf carrying an axes. He looked extremely rugged and prideful.

Lastly a blond elf rode in on a white horse. He climbed off his horse gracefully and quickly. He had blond hair and wore a silver cloak with his bow and arrows strapped to his back. He was taking in his surroundings and Autheil watched him until her father called for her. She turned and went to speak to him.

Legolas had jumped off his horse and began to look around at the scenery of Rivendell. As he did his eyes came across a beautiful woman standing on a balcony. She had dark brown hair that blew in the wind gracefully. Legolas watched as she turned and left the balcony feeling disappointed that she was gone. He then joined his kinsmen.

"Ada, if there is something I can do to help the cause you know I will go." Autheil told her father.

"Authiel the Council has not yet decided what they are going to do." Elrond argued.

"Ada you and I both know that the only choice we have is to destroy the Ring if not we will watch this world fall into darkness. I did not leave to fight and help to destroy a darkness in another world only to let my own fall in surrender to it." Autheil said. Her father stood there silent

"Ada you know I can help. Let me aid, I have not surcome to darkness before I do not plan to now." Elrond still said nothing. "You've seen it haven't you? You seen me go and aid them?" Elrond nodded sorrowfully.

"It's not that I don't think you strong enough it's the danger you may face." Elrond responded.

"But I know that even if I forbade it, you would go."

"Yes Ada, you know I can not stand here when I can help. It's never been who I am." she said.

"That's what your mother was like. Unfortunately my stubbornness and skillful fighting skills passed to you." he replied. "But if that hadn't happened you wouldn't be my daughter." he said as he cupped her face.

"You will sit in the Council tomorrow and you may decide your part in the fate of the Ring on condition when it's all over you sail to the Valar." he said.

"Only when I see that my services are no longer necessary Ada. I will not leave in guilt." she agreed. Her father nodded. "Thank you Ada." she said and hugged him. Elrond watched as his daughter left his presence worried if he had just made the right decision.

Autheil went and told Aragorn the news and then went off to her room to read on the Ring.

Autheil smirked as she watched her sister and Aragorn walk hand in hand. Autheil wondered if she would be in love as much as her sister was with Aragorn. She once thought that may be Ron was one but it proved to be wrong when he watched him kiss Lavender Brown. She felt jealous but then after time it faded and she came to realize that she didn't really love him. She wonder if there was any one who would except her for who she was.