Chapter 25: Battle at Helms Deep

The happy reunion was cut short when a Orc horn sounded in the distance. It was still pretty far away so it gave the others time to get to their stations. Haldir and Aragorn yelled for the elves positioning at the outer wall. Autheil, Legolas, and Haldir walked as Aragorn and Gimli followed behind.

"Oh before I forget." Autheil said and hit Haldir on the back of the head.

"Ow what-" he rubbed his head and was going to ask the reasoning behind the hit but Autheil cut him off "That is for leaving without a goodbye." she said. Legolas smirked and Haldir mumbled something about it not being that bad.

Everyone was in position Legolas, Gimli and Haldir were positioned not to far from each other. Autheil was running around the outer wall putting up the protection spell. She mentally thanked herself for already putting up a protection spell and concealment spell to hide the entrance of the Glittering Caves. Of course she left a torch next to the hidden entrance so they remembered where it was. Autheil had just finished putting up the protection spell on the outer wall, she passed Haldir who stopped her.

"Be careful, my sister." she said. "You as well, brother." He said. They then let their foreheads touch symbolizing family. Autheil smiled at him and then walked off to join Legolas and Gimli.

"You could have picked a better spot." Gimli grumbled as he was to short to see over the ledge. Autheil and Legolas smiled in amusement. Aragorn then came up behind them. "Autheil do you want to take command, they are after all your people?" Aragorn asked. Autheil smiled but shook her head "I already have to take care of the protection spell, I don't think they need their captain fainting on them. I will sound off your commands but you need to do it." she told him. She placed a hand on his shoulder "You can do it." she told him. Aragorn nodded and turned back to see the Uraka-hai army not that far.

"Well whatever luck you live by, lets hope it last the night." Gimli said.
"You're friends are with you, Aragorn." Legolas reassured him.

"Let's hope they last the night." Gimli said. Autheil punches him in shoulder, making him wince. "We'll she's ready to fight." Gimli mumbles as he rubs his shoulder.

Aragorn walks away from the trio and in between the lines of elves. Legolas pulls Autheil in for a kiss "Don't go to far." he tells her. "You be careful too." she answered with a smirk as they turned their attention back to the army approaching them.

Just then lightening flashes through the sky followed by the rumbles of thunder. The rain then starts to come down but the army of Helm's Deep stands unfazed.

Autheil spots the Uruk captain as he climbs up on a large boulder.

"Show them no mercy for you shall receive none!" Aragorn shout as he walks by.

The Uruk Captain raises his hand and yells, making the army come to a halt. The Uruks grunt and growl at them. Gimli then start to jump up and down.

"What's happening out there?" he ask.

"Shall I descirbe it to you?" Legolas ask and then looks down at the dwarf "Or would you like me to find you a box?" the Elf asks. Gimli to everyone surprise just laughs while Autheil chuckles.

The Uruks then start to hit their spears on the ground in unison as well as they bang on their chest.

Aragorn takes out his sword and there is a type of silence as each side waits for the first move. Just then a arrow flies down out of now where and hits a Uruk in the neck. "Hold!" Aragorn orders as the Orc that got shot falls to the ground face first.