Chapter 11: Talks in the Dark

They walked up and down stairs and across several bridges. Gandalf stopped and examined the wall next to him seeing the silver marking on it. "The wealth of Moria was not in gold nor jewels but in Mithril." he said and turned to the group while shining his light on the ledge to show how far it went down. The Mithril covering the walls below them glittered like jewels.

Gandalf continued walking "Bilbo had a shirt made from Mithril that Thorin gave him."

Gimli gasped "That was a kingly gift."

"Yes but I never did tell him that it was worth more than the entire Shire." he then eyed Frodo who had wide eyes upon hearing the revelation. "Probably best that I didn't." Gandalf said and continued walking.

They walked up some steep stairs but when they got to the top Gandalf bore a look of confusion on his face. "I have no memory of this place." he said looking at the three possible hallways. They decided to set up camp for a bit until Gandalf remembered or thought of which one would be better to go use.

"Are we lost?" Pippin asked. "No." Merry replied. "I think we are."

Merry hushed him "Quiet Gandalf's thinking."

"Merry?" "What?" Merry answered annoyed.

"I'm hungry." Pippin replied, Merry just huffed in reply.

Autheil pulled some dried fruit out from her bag and offered it to Pippin.

"Don't worry it's good " she said at the skeptical looking hobbit. Pippin took some from her hand and popped it in his mouth. He chewed and a look of satisfaction crossed his face. Autheil then offered to Frodo, Sam and Merry who gladly took it. She then walked over to Gimli.

"Want?" she asked. "No thank you." he said kindly. She kind of knew dwarfs didn't eat stuff like that but wanted to offer any way.

She then moved over to where Boromir and Aragorn sat. "Would you like any?" she offered them. Aragorn took some and thanked her. "Don't worry I didn't poison it or cast a spell on it. What good would you be to us if I did nor am I that mean." she teased Boromir. He took some fruit from her and mumbled a thank you. She got up with a smile and sat down next to Legolas who was leaning against one of the rocks.

"Fruit?" she offered. Legolas smiled and took some. "Thank you." he said. She then popped a few raisins in her mouth.

Legolas watched her and saw that her pendant was now turning light pink.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Sure." she said curiously.

"Why does you pendant change different colors?" he asked.

She looked down at her necklace and saw that it had turned pink making her blush at the fact.

"It changes colors according to my feelings." she explained. "So sometimes it turns red, blue, yellow, white rarely green."

"What does each color represent?" he asked.

"Now what fun would it be if I just told you. You're a smart elf I think you will be able to figure it out." she smirked.

"I know I will." Legolas returned.

"Don't get to over confident your Highness we wouldn't want you to fall down to far and mess up that pretty face of yours." she shot back.

"First off I would never fall on my face." he stated confidently "Secondly, I didn't think you would care so much about my face." he smirked.

"Well of course I do if not I'd be forced to look at Boromir all day and what a pity that would be." she said dramatically.