Chapter 36: Epilogue

Arwen and Aragorn got married a week after the coronation, making Arwen queen of Gondor. Autheil couldn't have been more proud of her sister after telling her for years to follow her heart.

About a month after the coronation, Legolas and Autheil were married in Rivendell. They had thought that it would be a convenient place for everyone since everyone had to travel to get there and also because it was the place Legolas and Autheil had first met. All of the Fellowship members along with Éwoyn, Faramir, Éomer and a few other new friends attended the wedding. Autheil was surprised to find Legolas's father very accepting of her and found her as a very suitable wife for his son.
Legolas's father actually reminded Autheil of her father, Lord Elrond only wanting what was best for their children.
The leave was a bit bittersweet for everyone though.
Everyone was now going home, the hobbits would return to the Shire, Aragorn, Arwen, and Faramir, Gimli would return to Gondor, Éomer and Éwoyn would return to Rohan and Autheil and Legolas were set to go on their honeymoon but the return to Mirkwood.

They all stood their waving goodbye but deep in their hearts they knew it wasn't really goodbye.

A year later they were reunited at Sam's wedding when he married a lovely hobbit by the name of Rosie. The fellowship was then reunited again a year later when they all traveled to Gondor for the wedding of Éwoyn and Faramir.

Soon came the time for the Fellowship to bid somewhat of a final Farewell to it's members. Frodo along with Gandalf, Celeborn, Galadriel, Thadruil, Elrond and his sons were to leave for the Valair. Legolas held his new born son as Autheil bid farewell to her father, brother, and grandparents. Tears fell from everyone's face as they watched the ship sail from the Grey Haven onward.

Autheil and Legolas were now officially made King and Queen of Mirkwood. They spent much of their time restoring their wood to it's formal glory before the war.

The people grew in harmony and prosperity with the kingdoms untied together by friendship and love.

Over the years, Autheil and Legolas made it a point to visit either Rohan or/and Gondor very often.

At the age of 120, King Aragorn passed away from old age and a week later Arwen died of a broken heart. It was the fastest a elf had ever died of a broken heart. They left behind  grieving kingdoms, a son and two daughters but also a great legacy. They went down as most memorable King and Queen in the History of Gondor and Middle-Earth.

Merry and Pippin were laid to rest with Arwen and Aragorn when they died a year later. Aragorn's son, Eldarion was named King of Gondor after his father passed. Legolas, Autheil and Gimli took it upon themselves to help Eldarion in the first coming year as king. The three had then decide it was time to leave Middle-Earth as well, knowing that their time had come to an ended. Legolas and Autheil left the throne and the kingdom of Greenwood (formerly known as Mirkwood) to their son Veryan.

The three were sent on the last ship to leave Middle-Earth.

"Well, our next adventure, lies a head of us now." Legolas said.

"Well at least this time, no one's going to die." Autheil replied.

"Yeah but no promises that no one will get hurt." Gimli joked.

"True, I am still do have the best out of ten in dueling against the both of you." Autheil joked.

"Well shall we see if we can change that score now?" asked Gimli as he pulled out his ax.

"So confident Master Dwarf but do tell me who won in both the Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith Battle?" Autheil teased. Gimli growled at her.

"Do I sense a grudge dear Gimli?" Autheil joked.

"You cheated!" Gimli insisted while Legolas laughed at his beloved wife and dear friend bickered as they traveled onward towards a new life.

The End

Please review if you like the story or not and thanks for reading it! xoxoxo