∆3∆

(Zane's POV)

Mm.... where shall I sit today there's that corner that-

"Hey Zane~senpai​"

"What-" I halted.

"Come sit with us Zane~senpai" Said a childish high-pitched voice.

"No thanks" I looked away the unfamiliar heat raising to my face.

"Come on mask boy" She tapped at the table excitedly the girls around her snickering.

"What did you call me" Annoyance tugged at my tone.

"Kawaii-chan called zane-senpai maskboy" She smiled innocently, tapping the seat by her.

"I will sit by you once if you never address me as maskboy again" I turned completely towards her, glaring with a pointed look.

"Deal" I sighed, sitting beside her and examining the people around me. Two girl sat in front of us. One with Cyan blue and a cold gaze. Another with long black hair, curious and shy gaze.

"Hi I'm Aphmau, nice to me you Zane" She said, slightly bouncing in her seat.

"You too" I muttered, pulling at my mask.

"What's maskboy doing sitting by us?" Said the female with Cyan hair, voice low and threatening.

"Katelyn~kun be nice to Zane ~senpai​"

" Kawaii~chan is this your crush? " Asked Aphmau snickering playfully at the girl next me so called Kawaii~chan. Her face glowed red, tail flicking frenetically.

"N-no Zane~senpai​ is a friend"

A pang shot through my chest, weight added to my lungs.

Just a friend? I know I don't know her and obviously don't care, but ouch.

"Yeah, just friends" I muttered.

Aphmau giggled, eyeing us skeptically.

~~~~~~

The bell rang to signal the end of the school day. I stood, walking straight for the exist to the main parking lot.

"Zane~senpai​!" I froze.

Kawaii~chan stopped in front of me panting.

"Yes" I asked hurriedly.

"Can Kawaii~chan have Zane~senpai​'s number, please" She mustered up her best pouting face, ears and tail lowered.

"Uh. Um. Yeah"

She smiled pulling out her phone and handing it to me. I put in my number, setting the name to Maskboy<3 . I smiled giving the device back.

"Thank you" She squealed, hugging me and running off.

"Your welcome" I murmured.

~~~~~~

Ping

I sighed, pausing my very manly show and unlocking my phone.

"Hi its Kawaii~chan"
-Unknown number

Hey..
-Zane

Wyd
-Cupcake

Nothing watching TV you?
-Zane

I'm baking!!!!
-Cupcake

Baking what? And how come you talk different when you text?
-Zane

Cookies!!! And I'm trying to get rid of that habit. I start with writing and work up to speaking.
-Cupcake

Oh. Cool i'll make sure to correct you!
-Zane

Are you sitting by me tomorrow!!
-Cupcake

Yeah, why not?
-Zane

Thank you!!! I will make cookies for you!!!!
-Cupcake

I like cupcakes better.
-Zane

We'll see!! I have to go bye!!!
-Cupcake

Bye
-Zane

I smiled. Maybe this year won't be as bad as I thought.