Chapter Six

Arthit's eyes flew open, sitting straight up gasping for air.

Somebody touched his arm softly.

"Ai Arthit?"

He looked at the person speaking to him.  His surroundings slowly came to focus.

"Knott... what... where am I?"

Knott looked worried.  "In the room, I'm sharing with Prem."

Arthit's eyes widen in fear.  "What?  How did I get here?  Does Prem know?"

"Calm down; you collapsed on the beach after pulling N' Kongpob out of the water.  Prem and I brought you here."

Kongpob!  Yes, he had gone into the water.  Arthit tried to get up.

"Is N' Kongpob alright?  Where is he?  Is he unconscious?"

Knott raised his eyebrow.  "You were the only one who fainted, Arthit.  N' Kongpob is fine.  He was here waiting, he just left."

"Wait... did you just say Prem brought me here?"

"Yes, and you are now wearing his shorts."

Did he really wake up from the nightmare?  Or is he still dreaming?

"I have to go to my room," Arthit pushed the sheet that covered him.

"Arthit. wait," Knott said in an uncertain voice.  "Are you ok?"

Arthit scoffed, "Why do you care now?"

Knott looked at the floor.

"You were mumbling Prem's name, and he seemed pretty angry.  Avoid him for now.  I will tell him you woke up."

Excellent, now he had screwed up even more.  Prem was going to make matters even worse.  Now that the hazing season was over Arthit wondered how Prem would manage that.

Arthit looked at the shorts he was wearing.  Prem was taller than him, so his shorts were longer on him.

His knees.  Did Prem see them too?

"Who changed my clothes?" he asked Knott.

"Prem."

Arthit let out a sigh.  What will Prem think of him now?

"Ai Knott, thank you for taking care of me."

Knott nodded in acknowledgment.

********************

The rest of the trip went smoothly.  Too smoothly in Arthit's opinion.  Prem avoided him.  Even the lost puppy Kongpob avoided him.  Arthit wasn't complaining.   He later found out that Kongpob was not drowning.  He had made a fool out of himself for nothing.

It was the final night of the trip.  The gears were being distributed.  Arthit sat on the beach looking at the waves.  He was trying not to think about the strange dream he had.  It was too vivid to be a dream.

Was it the Prem he knew?  Arthit didn't remember the face.  Why did the person call him Korn?  The dream didn't stop there.  Now and then he would get sudden visions of landscapes and mountains he had no memory of seeing before.  Arthit tried to brush it off as things he may have seen on TV.

Arthit laid down on the sand.  He was emotionally exhausted.  His eyes closed without his knowledge.

[ Korn was burning in jealousy.  From afar he saw a girl was talking to him.  She was smiling and tucking her hair behind her ear, obviously flirting.