Chapter Sixteen

A/ N - I know I said I would update soon. Sorry! I was a little pre-occupied

********************************************

Prem. Age 17 ( Kongpob's previous life )

Korn was hurt.  Before Prem could do anything about it, Korn had stormed out.

The iced lollipop was melting in his hand.

He turned towards his friends.  "You knew he was listening!" he said angrily.

"We did a favor, Ai Prem.  Who cares about what he thinks.  Now come back here so we can go on with the game," one of the friends said.

"You don't know what you have done."  Prem gathered his things and left his friends who stood there staring at him in surprise.

Prem was heading home as fast as possible.  Korn's disappointed voice was resonating in his mind.  He couldn't stand seeing Korn hurt. 

Prem knew Korn didn't hang out with others.  Was that what people thought?  That Korn was in love with him?

If only they had known the truth.  It was Prem who was hopelessly in love with Korn.  Korn just wanted to leave the town.

What was he supposed to say to Korn?  That he had been avoiding Korn because he couldn't handle the rejection?  Prem decided to wait until Korn cooled down.  Korn would never be angry for long.  He could apologize for his friend's behavior.

********************

Prem knew Korn wasn't sick.  He felt a jab of pain when he saw Korn's sleeping figure.  Korn was more hurt than he had imagined.

He whispered an apology and returned to his house, feeling dejected.  It didn't matter how many friends he had.  He didn't care if they never spoke to him again.

Prem opened the side drawer of his desk.  The little bottle of cologne he had stolen from Korn and carefully put it inside.

Korn always wore the same cologne.  Prem loved the scent of it.  He would smell it whenever he missed Korn.  Prem could have bought the same cologne, but he wanted the one that belonged to Korn.  He was pathetic.  Korn was his everything.

********************

To Prem's surprise Korn was suddenly friendlier with the other classmates.  Especially towards Aom.

Prem had been irritated the entire day.  He hadn't gotten a chance to speak to Korn.

When Korn didn't show up after school at their usual meeting place to return home Prem went in search of him.

Korn was laughing along with Aom.

Aom eyed Korn with such admiration Prem wanted to throw up.  He was now holding Aom's hand, painting together.  They looked like a cute couple.

Prem's mind had gone wild in anger.  Korn had promised he would reject her.  But Korn was abandoning him instead.

********************

After their little encounter by the forest, Prem couldn't face Korn. He didn't have a right to yell at Korn.

His anger had turned into heartbreak.  Aom had been telling Prem how Korn had agreed to accompany her later that day.  She didn't stop talking about how wonderful Korn was.

Prem couldn't understand how much Korn had changed overnight.

It was clear Korn wasn't going to forgive him.