Chapter Twenty-four

Pai was more than just a girlfriend.  She was his best friend.  She had stood by supporting him through thick and thin.  

Breaking up with her devastated Kongpob.  Pai had been correct.  He loved Pai but he was sure it wasn't the same love he had for her a couple of years ago.  Either way he had broken her heart.  Kongpob would rather suffer alone than have someone else hurt because of him.

He thought Pai was his one true love.  Now his feelings had changed.  What if the same thing happens with Arthit?  What if he grows out of love after a while?

Kongpob quickly dismissed his thoughts.  He didn't know if Arthit liked him.  Even if Arthit did like him, can he accept Arthit after betraying Pai?

Whenever he saw Arthit on campus, his guilt would multiply.  He had no one but himself to blame for the situation.  Despite the guilt he felt, he was suddenly at ease.  Now he wasn't lying to Pai or himself.

Arthit didn't sit alone at the cafeteria anymore.  He was back with his group of friends and Kongpob was back with his own.  Even though he didn't want to admit it, he missed spending time with Arthit.  Their relationship was different.  It wasn't a regular senior-junior relationship.  Arthit looked happy now.  To Kongpob that's all that mattered.

********************

Kongpob was stabbing his food thoughtlessly when he felt someone watching him.  He looked around to see if it was just his imagination.  Arthit was seated at the back staring at him with such intensity.  Kongpob was sure he was trying to drill a hole at the back of his head.  Kongpob quickly looked away.  It was a ridiculous reflex.  Their eyes had met.  He should have at least smiled.  Kongpob found it strange.  Arthit was probably zoning out, he thought.

"Ai, Aim.  Can you look behind me and see if P' Arthit is staring at me or is it just my imagination," he asked his friend.

Aim looked at him questioningly for a second and turned back.

"Nope," Aim replied.

"He's not staring?"

"No," Aim repeated.  "He isn't staring.  But, he is standing right behind you," Aim said in a quiet voice.

"N' Kongpob."

Kongpob stood up immediately as the rest of the table greeted Arthit politely.

"Sawadee khrap P' Arthit," Kongpob said nervously.  For some reason, Arthit's new appearance was making him uncomfortable.  The musky fragrance coming off of his shirt was making his head spin.

"Are you free this Saturday?" Arthit asked, ignoring his dazed expression.

"I think I am P'.  Why?"

"Good.  Give me your number.  I will text you the details."

As Arthit left Kongpob stood staring at Arthit's back in complete shock.

Why did Arthit want to see him out of faculty?  All he wanted was to stay away from the man who was causing him a vast amount of inner turmoil.

********************

[Kongpob sat on a bed next to Arthit.  The silence between them was nerve-wracking.  He reached into his pocket and took out a thread.

"I got this for you from the temple.  I'm sorry I didn't get anything nicer."

Arthit just watched him in wonder.

"Give me your wrist."

Kongpob tied the thread on Arthit's wrist.

"I promise I will be next to you no matter what happens in the future and I hope you will never get tired of me and love me even when it's hard."

Arthit tackled him in a tight hug, ending up on top of him.

"Aren't you going to say something?" he asked Arthit.  His heart was doing cartwheels inside his chest.

"You won't be able to get rid of me in this lifetime," Arthit said resting his chin on Kongpob's chest.

"What about the next?"

"Probably not.  I will find someone better."

Kongpob turned over and pinned Arthit under him.

"What did you say?  I will follow you to any world and make you mine," he said, unimpressed.

Arthit's expression changed from mischievous to meaningful.  Kongpob forgot everything he was going to say.

He started kissing Arthit feverishly.  He took off Arthit's t-shirt, and threw it on to the floor, followed by his own.  Kongpob's skin was on fire.  He couldn't get enough of the man under him.  His hands seemed to have a mind of their own.  While one had was cupping Arthit's face, the other was moving down towards Arthit's shorts and slid under it.

Arthit gasped into his mouth.]

Kongpob woke up breathing heavily.  He was painfully aroused and hard.

It hadn't even been a week after his breakup, and now he was having erotic dreams about another man.

He couldn't control his dreams.  But Arthit's was occupying his thoughts even when he was awake.  Kongpob was ashamed of himself.  How was he supposed to look Arthit in the eye and pretend he didn't want to do those things to Arthit.  Kongpob was never the person to focus on the physical aspect of a relationship.  It was beyond his imagination as to why things were different when it came to Arthit.

********************

Meeting Arthit at the mall kept Kongpob on edge.  He avoided eye contact as much as he could.  Whenever he saw Arthit's face, he would blush hard remembering his dream.  He wanted to kick himself for not cancelling.  Thankfully Arthit didn't seem to notice anything strange about his behavior.

Apparently Arthit wanted to get a wedding present for P' Tum.

"How about a card P' Arthit?  I think it's the thought that counts.  Plus it's romantic," he suggested.

"Why would I want to be romantic to P' Tum at his wedding?  Come on Kongpob.  Give me a better idea."

"I like the old fashioned handwritten letters over anything.  I don't know why I like letters.  I haven't received any.  I know people don't write letters anymore.  It's a nice feeling to think someone's warm hand was on the paper, tuning their thoughts about you into words.  Maybe I am one of those people who refuse to accept technology," he said laughing.

"N' Kongpob?  Do you believe in reincarnation?"

*********************************************************

A/N - Enjoy the cliffhangers kids 😈