Chapter Seventeen

"It's Kongpob!"

Toota looked at Arthit, horrified.

"Ai Arthit!  Do you think these people are related to N' Kongpob?"

Arthit quickly folded the drawing he was looking at and placed it inside a diary.

"I.. uhh... I don't know.." Arthit stammered.  His head was spinning.  He had just seen a drawing of himself, half naked, kissing a junior from his university.

The art style was identical to his.

Did that mean He was Korn? And Kongpob was Prem in his dreams?

How could he find out if it's Kongpob for sure?  What if Kongpob just happened to look like this dead person?

"Wait, how did you know it was Kongpob?" Toota asked Arthit.

Before Arthit could say anything, the lady returned with two cups of tea.

"Did you find anything?" she asked Arthit.

"Excuse me, auntie.  Who is this boy in the picture?" Toota asked taking a cup.

"That's my brother.  It's the only photograph we have of him other than his ID card.  We took that at the studio in town when it first opened," the woman said wiping her tears.  "Isn't he a handsome young man?  His life ended before it began, and he still hasn't found peace."

"We know a person who.," Toota said.

"Auntie, can I take these to Bangkok with me if you don't mind?  Maybe I can help your brother find peace " Arthit said, interrupting his friend.

The woman thought for a while.  

"There has to be a reason why Prem chose you.  But I don't know.. are you sure you can help?"

Toota raised an eyebrow at Arthit.  Arthit looked at Toota meaningfully hoping he would remain silent.

"I hope so auntie. I can't rest until I solve this. "

"I will trust you then N'.  Please remember this is the only thing I have left of my brother.  I'm only letting you have it because I want him to be at peace. "

Arthit's let out a small breath of relief.

"Do you know where your brother's grave is?"

"Yes, the cemetery is a little further down from the temple you just went to.  Why?  Are you going to visit him?"

"I feel like I should."

The lady nodded.

Are you crazy?  Toota silently mouthed standing behind her.

Arthit walked towards the photograph Toota had found earlier.  His footsteps were heavy.  He didn't want to confirm if it was actually Kongpob.  This only raised more questions.

It was most definitely Kongpob, with slightly longer hair.

Arthit felt a cold chill.  He didn't know what he had to do next.

"Thank you for doing this N'.  I will pray for you."

********************

As soon as they were out the gate, Toota pulled Arthit by his arm.

"Are you crazy?  We are not going to a fucking cemetery!  You have no idea how freaked out I am right now."

"You think I am not?  I am just as confused as you are and relax.  We aren't going to the cemetery.  I just said that because I wanted to get the stuff from her."