Prologue

-1 year earlier-

"Friends, Family, Loved ones... Thank you for coming today to remember Karlie Elizabeth Swift..." The rest kinda just flows by me as I stare at the black box that contains my big sister. How can someone's entire life be contained in a box. Sure, they're putting together a service, reminiscing on all of the good times. No one wants to be here though, I can tell. They're either being forced to be here, or are attending out of pity. And that makes my stomach turn.

To my left is my parents and to my right is my younger brother, Austin. In the back are a group of models that used to work with my sister. They are claimed as her friends but it's really not the case. They're all lying backstabbing, bitches. That's what Karlie said anyway. And she never lied to me. Ever.

The picture of Karlie that's set up on a stand is one that I took of her just last week when we went on our road trip. She's standing away from the camera but looking over her shoulder, blonde hair swooped to the side. I miss that look, more than I can even describe. I miss everything about her and it's only been a matter of five days. Or maybe it's been six.... All the days blend together when your happiness has been taken away. That's right, Karlie was my happiness. My Meuse I guess you could call it. And considering we were only threw years apart, and looked nearly like twins, we had reason to be. Everything about Karlie had made me want to live life to the fullest. See life to the fullest. Go on adventures and run across the bridge that mom had told us not to go on a trillion times, but we always did.

I feel like all eyes are on me instead of Karlie. It doesn't feel tight or stable. This is about Karlie, not me. This isn't about the supermodel Karlie 'Kloss', no. This isn't about the Victoria secret model. This isn't about the actress or girlfriend of a famous pop-star. No. This is about Karlie Swift. A sister, a daughter, a best friend. My sister. My inspiration. My best friend. My life. And now she is nothing but a memory and I can't do anything about it.

The service concludes and I return to the black casket. I look over Karlie. A pink lipstick in her natural half smile. Her blue eyes under make up eyelids. She looks like she's sleeping. She looks peaceful. Like she just fell asleep in the car during our road trip. She's still beautiful. That was expected though. She wasn't sick nor had she been dying. This wasn't a planned thing, we didn't expect her to go. It was something she took into her own hands and I guess she couldn't handle it. I knew the industry was getting to her. Claiming she wasn't skinny enough when she was already the thinnest person I knew. That was just the beginning though. She was always swarmed by paparazzi and she hated it. She loved cameras, but not always the people behind them. Rumours were always being spread about her and her popstar, media driven, boyfriend. He cheated on her several times but she always took him back for some unknown reason. That was one thing I never understood about my sister. And maybe she was just completely misunderstood by everyone. Maybe that's what forced her to swallow the pills...

"Taylor."

I look over my shoulder to see my boyfriend, Milo standing, hands in the pockets of his suit. I don't know how long I've been standing here, but I think it's been longer than it's felt. The room is empty. "Oh, hey."

"Ready to go? The cars been running for a good twenty minutes already."

"Oh, sorry." I whisper, looking back at my sleeping sister.

"Don't be sorry." He's up against my side now, with his hand around my waist. "But we should get going."

"I just don't wanna say goodbye." I choke back with tears in my eyes.

"I'll give you another moment, but then, we really gotta go, okay?" I nod and with a kiss to my temple, he strolls off and leaves me completely alone with my sister for the very last time.

It's my last chance to say anything, do anything. I press my fingers to her cheek, cold as ice. I push her side bangs from across her forehead and place my lips to her forehead. A salty tear falls from my eye to her cheek and I attempt to keep myself composed. "For the last 21 years of my life you've done nothing but help me grow. You made me smile, laugh, dream. You helped me in ways I only wish I could've repaid you in. You were the best big sister anyone could have ever hoped to have. Thank you for helping me buy my first ever camera, and letting me take thousands of pictures of you. I could thank you for so many things but I wouldn't even know where to start." I take a deep breath and slowly exhale. "I love you, and I already miss you."

I drag my hand across the black shiny exterior and grasp onto the bouquet of red roses. I drag my feet against the hardwood floor and make my way to the front door where Milo waits for my hand.

A/N

So this is the beginning of something I hope can live up to your expectations. I have a terry good hold on the idea and I think you guys will like what I have in store. It's not conventional because it's not the Harry and Taylor we all know and love but them in a different sense. So no, they've never met, no they aren't celebrities, and nor do them have a singing career. Pretty straightforward I'm hoping but if you have any questions lemme know? And please share your thoughts in the comments!

Love y'all!

A