Cabin

Today is the day that Harry and I head off to the cabin. And as excited as I am, I'm also nervous. I didn't really know what he was expecting to do. It was going to be fun, and relaxing I hoped. I zip up my suitcase and sling my purse over my shoulder and head down to the door where I leave my luggage. I was running early, which was a surprise. I never run early, if anything I'm late. But today, Harry wasn't to arrive for at least another twenty minutes so I had time to kill.

I slide into the kitchen and begin picking at a banana muffin my mom had made the previous day. Dad sits at the table finishing off an email and my mom is reading the news paper. "Good morning!"

"Oh, hi sweetie! I didn't see you there!" Mom sets down the paper and dad closes his laptop.

"Morning Tay." Dad adds. "You're up early!"

I nod, "yeah, Har is picking me up. He wants to get an early start."

"Getting up before 9? This must be true love," mom says with an impressed grin, "when's the wedding?"

I roll my eyes and begin to eat part of the muffin. "Mom." I whine. She thinks this is all because of her. Because she was the one who forced me to show him around. But honestly I don't think anyone could have made this happen. I think it was fate. But considering I haven't even told him I loved him, and I'm not even sure if that's what this is, I wasn't about to start planing any kind of ceremony.

"I like Harry, he's a good kid." Dad adds. It's like dad is the one dating Harry. I swear he like Har more than me.

"We all know that sweetie." Mom smiles with a laugh.

"Have you guys heard from Austin lately?" I ask and mom looks from dad then back at me, shrugging.

"No, we haven't. Why?"

"Just curious. I haven't talked to him in awhile and I figured you guys would have." I say, popping another bite if muffin into my mouth. I dust my fingers off on my jean shorts and readjust the tied plaid shirt at my waist.

Dad sips his coffee, "if we talk to him, is there anything he needs to know?"

I shrug, "I haven't talked to him since Harry and I... Ya know, became a thing. And I thought it would be nice for the. To meet before he makes plans for his entire summer."

"We'll pass on the message, sweetheart!" Mom stands and hugs me, peeking through the hallways to see Harry pulling up. "Looks like your ride is here, have a good time baby."

"Call us if you need anything."

I skip off to the door and pull my bags with me. Mom and dad and I had made the rule that I meet Harry outside the house to avoid the contact of parents. Unless he was invited for dinner, that was different. We just wanted to differentiate the time between us, and work.

Harry quickly wraps his arms around my waist and I drop my bags, my arms stretching around his neck and he lifts me just slightly so it feels like I'm flying. His lips are so delightful, they taste like coffee and twizzlers. "Good morning." He says against my lips as he sets me down.

"Good morning," I embed my lips back to his once more before taking ahold of my purse and skipping off to the truck. Boots was almost good as new. With just a few minor tweaks here and there, she'd be perfect. Harry joins me in the truck after tossing my suitcase in the back and he leans across the bench to kiss me again.

"I missed you," he says and my eyebrows twitch.

"After what? Two days?" I laugh.

"Yeah, I know. Cheesy. Say it all you want but it's true." Boots fires up and we're on our way to Memphis.