Last Night

Last night wasn't something I wanted to think about at all. But it was the only thing left on my mind. Something about this fight... It brought way too many flooding memories back of Milo. The feeling of worthlessness... It was something I ever wanted to feel again, but I did. Last night. On the bedroom floor.

Every good relationship has fights like that, right? That was normal. Especially in our circumstance. I mean, no one wants it to happen, but if it does, it's not something you should look too much into... Right?

If I said I got sleep last night I would be telling an awfully big lie. It took everything in me to not just... Give up last night. It took everything to not fall apart right there and end it all. But I was looking our for more than just myself last night I had Annie.

Speaking of which the little red head joined me last night at about 3 am. She didn't say anything. Just creeped through the doorway, closing it behind her, and curled up into my lap until I felt okay. I don't think she got much sleep either. We layed in bed and she didn't ask questions. Instead we just watched disney movies on netflix. I think it says a lot about our relationship the more that I think about it. The fact that she's six... And doesn't have to do anything but lay with me to comfort me, I just think that says a lot.

I've been playing with Annie's hair for what seems like moments but in sure is hours. She's just so sweet and innocent. Like a little version of sleeping beauty but with red hair. A mixed up scenario I guess. The door creeps open and I don't even what to look. I don't want to talk to Harry or even look at him right now. He had made me feel so small. "Can we talk?" He whispers and I look up momentarily. He's got a plate of muffins and crepes with whipcream... The works.

"Depends what kind those are." I nod and sit up a little straighter.

"Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins and Nutella Banana Crepes." He sits the breakfast try over top of my lap and sits on the edge of the bed. "Look, I'm really-"

"Did I say you could talk yet?" It's meant to be a joke but he takes it seriously so I pick up a muffin, pick at it and swallow. "Alright. Continue."

"I'm an asshole. And I know that. I asked you to take a chance on me, leave your life and start over, and you did. I put you In a terrible spot and I know that now. You've done a lot for us and I've done jack shit for you. Everyday I see you working on your studio and instead of trying to help I turn the other way and do something with Annie. I'm sorry I'm not a bigger help to you. Or a better boyfriend. I'm sorry you're stuck with me. Last night... What I said was not okay. I shouldn't have freaked out like that. That was something Alyssa had asked you to do. And although we could've went about it better, I think, looking back you did the right thing. I overreacted. And I'm sorry. I don't know why you continue to put up with my shit. I don't deserve you."

I extend my hand to grab on to his. "Love is about taking risks, and trusting each other. I think that's where our biggest fault is. We trust each other personally, but not by our actions. We don't trust each other enough, yet I don't think. So we just have to work on that. I stay because... Because I love you. A lot. More than anyone or anything. Your smile is the best part of my day and although I wish this life was easier... I wouldn't switch it for anything."

He licks his lips. "I swear, I must have done something pretty great in my last life to have you now." He runs his hands on his jeans and stands up. "I'm gonna go for a drive, I have to pick up some groceries for dinner tonight. Anything you need?"

I shake my head, "just you." He smirks and leans down, kissing the top of my head but I look up and make him kiss me properly. "All couples have fights. It's normal."

"Not for us."

I shrug. "We're different."

"Just a little bit." He chuckles and sighs.