Flight

It's been five days since Alyssa passed away... It's been ten days since we arrived in North Carolina and we're actually packing up to head to my home tonight. My parents had been asking what was going on and I just kept assuring them that everyone was fine. I said I would explain when I got home, I didn't know how i was going to do it, but it would come out.

Annie was nervous about being on a plane, she had never been on one and I could see where her anxiety was coming from. It was nerve racking and to know that she was going to meet potential family members was a hug deal. Although, I know the second my parents see her they'll fall in love.

Annie was between Har and I on the plan, which she insisted upon. I still hadn't brought up the whole... 'Why didn't you tell me you had money' thing. It didn't effect me. I've had savings accounts since I could breathe basically and my parents were well off. It didn't mean we considered ourselves rich and stuck up folk but if there was a dress Karlie wanted for homecoming that was over priced for most teenagers... She could buy it.

Alyssa's funeral had been the day before and I actually think it did some good for Harry. I let him and Annie have their time after it concluded and we walked out together. Over the span of the last few days Harry and I hadn't really talked about what was next. We knew we had to tell my parents, but that was pretty much it. I guess if you thought about it that was basically my confirmation of 'I'm ready to be her mommy' kinda deal. Annie had called me it on occasion by mistake four times now. As much as I'd want to correct, I just let it be. Maybe it would give that much needed comfort.

We arrive late back home, and we drive my car back. Annie was ecstatic that she didn't have to sit in a car seat and Harry and I just smiled. She fell asleep quicker than we had thought and it have us some time to talk. "So are you gonna stay the night at my place or are we going back to your aunt... What's the plan?"

"Up to you." He says and I look over at him. He's staring in the mirror looking at Annie whose curls are all over her face.

"Well... I mean... I would like some time with you... Alone but that's not gonna happen so, it's up to you." He shrugs. "Babe, please talk." I run my hand over his thigh. I truly thought coming back here would solve things. There's been this gap between us and it's like the more Annie welcomes me, the more he pushes away.

Harry's hand lays over mine. "What if we introduce your parents to Annie, then we go to the diner. That's our place and Annie pass out in your bed just fine."

"You sure?" I ask nervously and he just nods. "Kay. So let's say we'll try to be out of the house by ten?" That gives us two hours with them."

Harry brings my hand to his lips. "Whatever you think Tay."

It's like when his words are full and lifeless that they piss me off more. I'd rather him say a lie or nothing at all then something that's just... Not caring. He's so drained. And he has every right to be. But so should I. This wasn't what I signed up for. But I'm pushing through and taking on the role of girlfriend and mommy and being mature about this. It just seams like he doesn't care anymore. And that's not my Harry.

We arrive at my parents house and I go in first while Harry wakes up Annie. My parents are of course over joyed to see me and welcome me with hugs and cheek kisses. Dad asks where Harry is and I have to take a step back then push them into the living room. "There's something that well... Come up. I didn't know about it and it was something that he had wanted to tell me but was too scared to."

"Sweetie, what is it?"

"Well, for first thing, it's a 'she' not an 'it.'" I swallow hard and watch my parents eyes go wide. Dad stands up and his face goes red.