Fireworks

"He wants to get pregnant?! Are you kidding me?!" Britany shrieks and I grab her hand, telling her to keep it down.

"I think I got him off the topic but, yeah, he was serious." I nod slowly, sipping on the champagne. It wasn't late yet, but New Year's Eve day was definitely a reason to be drinking before dinner. "I've just... Well you know me. I just never thought I would actually find someone that would love me enough to share that with me."

"Oh Tay, babe you know you're so worth love. And Harry loves you, a lot." She sips at her drink.

"I'm still not sure. It's only be a handful of months, things could change."

She shakes her head, "they won't. And you know that."

I swallow hard at the thought and just like Britany shook her head I shake my thoughts. "So any news on the wedding?" I ask and her face lights up.

Brit jumps so much that her drink nearly goes flying and she laughs, catching her balance. "Yes! I almost forgot! I'm so stupid, always forgetting the most important things!" She jumps from the couch we've been lounging on and comes back with her purse. "Sorry." She laughs, plopping back down beside me and calls for Annie who has been up in her room all day having a tea party with 'Mr Green' and 'Winter'.

Annie comes dancing down in her new dress and falls on the couch between us and I lift her up in to my lap. "Auntie Brit has some news about to wedding!" I let out and Annie claps, getting excited.

"Yes, okay. Well. I don't know how to say this, I've never planned a wedding before but well... Here ya go." She pulls out two light green envelopes with pink corners with our names embossed. "Well, open them!"

I delicately tear open the flap and pulling out card stock. I'm expecting an invitation of some sort or maybe even a bridal shower. But I don't get what expect. And when I read off the words I grab at my chest and I have to blink back tears. "Yes!" Screams Annie, she had already read hers off. Surprisingly, she's ahead of the game in all things reading and writing. I look over Annie's shoulder and it has a poem in bold white letters...

When I was just a little girl,

About the size of you,

I dreamed one day I'd fall in love

And then get married, too.

So now that I am all grown up,

About to be a bride,

I want you for my flower girl

To be right by my side.

For it is common knowledge that

A wedding's not complete,

Without a pretty flower girl

Like you, who's dear and sweet.

Annie, will you be my flowergirl?

I look back and my own card and read it over again. My heart sings and tears fight through the blinks.

You have always been there, more than just a friend.

You know just who I am and everywhere I've been.

You're the one who I can turn to, any hour of the day.

Seems, I only have to think of you and you'll be on your way.

No matter where life takes me, no matter where I roam.

When I'm with you my friend, my heart feels right at home.