Nightmares

Harry comes out of the shower and I slip the box under the bed before he can notice. He's too sleepy notice. He throws on a pair of boxers and falls into the bed beside me. This is the first real alone time we've had in about a week and I can't help but savour it. I bring myself close to him and his skin is still damp. I push his lips into his forehead and he nearly doesn't react. "Baby." I whisper and all he does is moan. I press my lips against his and he doesn't even flinch. "Harry come on. We haven't had time in forever."

He slowly opens his eyes. "I don't know if I'll even last long enough to finish this conversation." His voice is low and quiet.

"I know what could help that." I whisper back and into his ear. Kissing him and placing little kisses along his jawline until I reach his lips. I take his bottom lip between my lips and tug and he hardly even kisses me back. I start sucking on his neck, praying to get any kind of attention from him but he actually rolls on his side....

"Not tonight, babe. I'm sorry."

I don't know what the more heartbreaking part was. If it was that he didn't want to kiss me. Or if it was he didn't want to kiss me because of Alyssa. I turn off the side lamp and crash back into bed. My arm wraps around his waist and I kiss his shoulder so softly he probably doesn't even notice. If this was what our future looked like, I better pick it up.

"Taylor." I hear the little voice and look in the doorway where Annie stands, pink flashlight in hand.

I sit up and Harry doesn't even move, he's passed out. "Yeah, Annie?"

"I can't sleep. Will you come lay with me?" I hear a little quiver in her voice and a flood of memories come back from when Karlie and I were little. I used to goto her with every little problem. If my stomach was hurting or if I had a nightmare. And I look back to Annie.

"Of course sweetie." I pull myself out of bed and walk to the door. Her hand goes up and I grasp her little fingers.

We walk to her room and she turns off the flashlight before darting to her bed and patting the princess sheet waiting for me to follow. I adjust my 'QUEEN' sweatpants and white tank before climbing in beside her. Annie's bed wasn't massive, it was a double but most of it was covered in stuffed animals. I make myself comfortable and Annie lies facing me. Her little nose naturally turned up. "Thank you for the kitty." She whispers, but it's a loud whisper which makes me laugh.

"You're very welcome. I'm glad you like it. Does she have a name?"

She nods. "Winter. It's my favourite month."

I giggle a bit. "Do you mean season?" She goes silent and I can feel her second hand embarrassment. "Because it's my favourite season too." I grin grows at her face. "Did you know, I have a cat, and she actually looks just like the one I gave you. Excepts she's a real one that meows. Her name is Meredith."

Annie yawns and inches herself close to me, her eyes falling shut. "I really like that name." Before I know it, she's passed out on my chest, her little eyelids fluttering back and forth. I feel like a great calmness has come over me and I soon join Annie into sleepy land.

•••

The next morning I had woke up and wandered back into Harry's bedroom, but to my surprise he wasn't there. And by the sent my nose was picking up, I was guessing he was in the kitchen. I change into one of the few dresses I had packed and make my way downstairs, my hair completely unrhythmic with my outfit. "Morning." Harry says without even looking up, he sounds with a chime in his voice.

He stands, dressed in a white muscle shirt while frying some bacon. "Smells good." I say, running my hand up his arm and I end up wrapping myself around it.

"I noticed you left me last night." He chuckles and I can feel the vibration.

"Annie couldn't sleep and I curled up with her. Ended up passing out myself. At least someone was giving me attention." I joke and it comes out harsh. I want to take it back the moment it comes out.

"I was just tired and upset. I was trying to find a way to deal with it and taking it out on you wasn't the best option." He puts down the fork and turns to face me. Swooping me closer by his hand at my hip.

"It's fine, Har. It happens. I get it." I push the side of my head against his chest and hug him. I can't quite tell if it's supposed to be comforting me or him more.

"Is Annie still sleeping?"

I nod, "Mhmm."

"Good." He whispers, his fingers take hold of my chin and I look up to him. I love him. It's all I can't. And before I even try to think about anything else, his lips meet mine and any worry I thought I may of had floods out the door. I extend my arms around his neck until I'm nearly lifting myself for more.

A giggle interrupts us and I turn around. Annie stands, holding Winter up to her lips, trying to hide the obvious laughter. We both laugh and Harry waves her over and he scoops her up in his arms. The little daddy daughter moments were ones my heart melted for. "Daddy, do you love Taylor."

"Yeah, daddy, do you love Taylor?" I say. It was something to get used to. But we would make it work.

"Daddy definitely loves Taylor." Harry leans down and kisses me again briefly.

"As much as me?" She laughs, grabs his face and smooching her face into his.

I look at Harry with a suspicious look. "I love you both equally. You're my favourite daughter. And Taylor's my favourite girlfriend. Is that a fair answer?"

"But daddy! I'm your only daughter!"

"And I most certainly better be your only girlfriend!" I dart wide eyes in his direction.

"Of course, you two. Stop being silly." He laughs and kisses the crease of Annie's neck which sends her giggles flying. "You're my family. And I love you more than anything. It's the three of us, us against the world, right?"

Annie nods and rests her head on Harry's shoulder while he brings me close and kisses my forehead. "Right." I whisper back.