Answers.

"So like, superheroes?" She asks. "If that makes it easier for you, than yes. Superheroes." I reply. Her smile grows wide. "That's awesome." She says in her oh so nerdy tone. "I never got you name." She says. "Donnie." "I heard them call you 'Shift' earlier." I turn to her. "That's my codename."
"That's cool. And all of you have one?"
"Most of us do. Rone, that's his real name. The same goes for Sam, Finley, and Cassie." She chuckles. "I kinda figured with names like 'Xander Vex' and 'Sinder Kree." I look up at Kree, hoping he didn't hear her. He probably did. "What's yours?" I ask.
"Well, my real name is Elizabeth, but my friends call me Lily." I smile.
"What?" She asks in a defensive, not too serious voice. "Nothing, it's just, I saw you standing there in front of a monster almost 7 times your size and you didn't even flinch. Lily is-" I pause trying not to be rude. Wow Donnie, quite the rabbit hole you've dug for yourself. "It's really girly I know." She smiles, pushing a lock of brown hair out of her face. I didn't notice before but her hair has a mix of brown under black. It's a nice blend. "Contact." Says Kree. He lifts his rifle and stares through the sights. "What's that mean?" I crane my neck searching for any G'hunawae in the area. "It means stay close to me." I say. I pull my pistol and stare down the iron sights, aiming in in every building we pass. "Cover cover!" Shouts vex. Something explodes throwing him into the air.
"Get to cover!" Shouts Keepers, returning fire into the distance. Smoke rises as another explosion throws rocks at us. I cover Lily the best I can as she runs towards one of the empty buildings. I reach up and shoot the window before throwing a rock through it. She runs strait through the hole I've made. My finger hovers over the trigger as I wait for our attackers to reveal themselves. Kree drags Vex into one of the opposite buildings. Keepers ducks behind an overturned car, helping there for a few seconds. Jackie and Finley move up wth Rone covering them. "What's happening?" Calls the voice behind me. "I don't know, stay down." Another explosion flips Keepers' car over him. "Stay here I'll be right back!" I shout over my shoulder before whisking over to Keepers. He limps slightly. "Get to that building, give her some cover fire. Ill do the rest." He obeys. I cover his escape. Another rocket flies towards Rone. He leaps out of the way just in time. The explosion aids him in his journey away.
He lands face first in the concrete.
Gunfire emerges from the smoke and ash. "They have guns now?!" Shouts Sam. "I don't think this is the G'hunawae Sam." Replies Rone via the coms. We hear the whirring of helicopters above us. "Oh God." Gasps Finley. "What do we do?" Asks Jackie. Sam combusts, flying up towards it. "Sam no!" Shouts Rone. The helicopter spins out of control as its tail falls to the ground. It collides with the buildings on either side dropping chunks and glass on us as it soars by.
It crashes and tumbles a few times before stopping. Sam crashes down next to me. "Sam, what have you done?" Asks Keepers. "You just gave us a new enemy." He says. Sam's face turns red in shame. "They were trying to kill my friends." He says with a hint of sadness in his voice. "I couldn't let that happen. I'm not strong enough to go through that again." I turn to him, and he reaches out to me. I ignore him and run to the downed military bird. Inside someone tackles me. I fall to the ground with him atop me. He lands a few solid punches to my face before I kick him off. He rolls over his head before landing on his knees. I get back up and he charges me again, this time with a knife at the ready. "You killed her!" He shouts with tears in his eyes.
I duck under a swing and punch is wrist. The knife is released from his grip. He balls his fist and swings his knuckles across my jaw before interlocking his fingers around my head and bringing his knee to my face. I stagger back gathering my bearings.
A heavy slug is blocked by my upright arms. He aims his next punch for the center, my lips. I catch his knuckles in my hand, pulling him fourth and racking my knuckles against his forehead. He backs up clutching his head. I kick him in the space behind his knee forcing him down. After pulling four people from the wreckage, I begin glaring at Sam. "She's dead." He says. I look down at the red haired woman I've payed against the wall. "She's alive." I say calmly. "Just unconscious. The only one that was actually injured is this guy." I say. One of them tosses an accusatory glance at me. "Why, did you pull me from the wreckage?"
I turn to him. "Would you rather I leave you in there for the G'hunawae?" I ask.
"The what?" He asks. "The Reps. That's what they're called." Answers Flynn.
"The Reps aren't what we're here for." He says. "Ford sent us here to kill them and bring you home." He says. "Ford, locked them up so they wouldn't fight with us." I read his name plate. "Tyler I don't think you have many options but to let us help you." I say. "Were trained soldiers I think we'll make it." He says. "I'll make you a deal. We'll help you get out of here, alive, and in return, you tell Ford what we did. Convince him to, ya know, not kill us." I turn to Rone. "Smooth." Says Cassie. He turns to her and shrugs. "What's to stop us from killing you and leaving?" Asks Tyler. "Trust." Answers Keepers. "Well, isn't this a surprise. Mikel Keepers." He says. "Hello Simon." Answers Keepers.
"So, these are your monkeys?" He asks.
"I'm going to ignore your immaturity and get to the point. Can we trust you to not shoot at us?" Tyler thinks for a moment. "I can't promise Ford will have the same feelings towards you." He says in reply. "That isn't an answer." "Yes you can trust us."
He turns to the red haired girl. "Thanks. That's all I wanted to hear." He says. I offer Tyler a hand. He takes it hand gets to his feet. "Who's the Civils?" He asks. I turn to Cassie and Lily. "They're with us." I say. "Well, lets get moving."