Chapter 4: Masquerade

After your "lovely" experience with the king, things between the two of you become awkward, at least that's how you feel. But will you choose to be angry wit him for the rest of your life knowing what you really are to him, or will your body beg for his touch again?

~~~~~~~~~~

It was only two days ago when you slept with your king and you were too busy to feel awkward about what went down that day. You've been running your ass off around the palace to get things set up for the ball tomorrow night. Your fellow servants are hard at work as they polish the marble floors, clean the fine China, help the cooks prep food, and set up the tables with your ordered roses. The ball room is for dancing and eating, but guests are allowed to roam the first floor of the entire palace as well as go outside, so everything has to be spotless. After all, you want your precious king to keep his ratings up...

You roll your eyes to yourself at the thoughts of him, standing in the middle of the ball room while checking things off the list. You got your uniform back as well as received a pair of new shoes and a more simple pair of underwear and a bra. Maybe he got the hint that you weren't exactly comfortable wearing those types of undergarments, but your lingerie was still left in your room untouched on the table. Why should he care anyway, you thought as you walked around in circles. It's not like he cares how you feel... he made that very clear that night... or maybe he does?

He's been cleaning your clothes for you, he had meals brought to you several times, and he's giving you gifts. This whole thing between the two of you has been confusing, but thankfully he hasn't been around to pester you with sexual advances. He's been too busy broadcasting his night time show as well as meeting with some important monsters that help assist in keeping the kingdom in tip top shape. Mettaton can't rule the kingdom on his own as much as you'd think he'd like. It's a good thing that he's away since you're still angry with him and don't want to cause a disturbance between the two of you while there are servants all over the place.

While deep into your thoughts, you felt a boney finger poke your shoulder and you gasp. You turned around to see a tall skeleton wearing a suit and sunglasses, sighing.

"P-papyrus! You startled me!" You whined.

"Ah! I'm sorry! The agent papyrus did not mean to frighten you, y/n!"

Yeah... Mettaton had agents ever since he began ruling the kingdom and there were only two of them. They're known as the skeleton brothers, Sans being the oldest and barley around and papyrus being the youngest and most responsible. Papyrus takes care of carpooling Mettaton to appointments or if he just wants to go for a ride and keeps a schedule of everything he has going on outside of the palace, especially his shows. It's funny because being a king is a seriously hard job, but Mettaton makes the time to still be a celebrity on the side... You put the clip board with your list under your arm.

"It's alright, paps. Anyway, what do you need? I have to go to the kitchen right after this."

"Well... that won't be necessary since our king ordered a servant to take care of kitchen duties for the rest of the day! He has ordered me to bring you to the limo at once so you can go to his fitting!"

... what? He wants you to go with him? Of all the times that he had to go for his fitting, he chose the day before the ball?! And he wants you to go KNOWING you were busy as hell and that things were awkward between the two of you??? God... you try your best to keep your calm, not wanting papyrus to question you and make a small smile.

"Oh does he now? How thoughtful. Well... Let me just hand this off to one of my maids over here and we'll be on our merry way outside." You said, your aggravation slipping out at the last part. Thankfully papyrus can be sometimes naive to certain emotions. You take your clip board from under your arm and walk over to your closet maid and friend and hand her the clip board. "I have to go to the king's fitting, so I have to leave you with the list..."