+1

//red haired boy//

//chinsun's pov//

i sigh, the faint yells downstairs is what awoke me from my slumber. i shook the bed, patting my little sister. i get up and looking at her.

how can such a sweet girl end living with us?

i pat her head lightly.

"hey... gina, wake up. c'mon its time for school."

gina is adopted. we saw the way she was living and we decided to adopt her, but never in my life did i know that the living experience, she once had, was happening again.

i shook the 12 year-old girl again.

"nooo, please let me sleep more," she begged.

"do you want me to call mom and dad in here?" i threaten

immediately, she gets up rubbing her eyes,"fine."

i laugh before grabbing my uniform, which consisted of a white polo shirt, dark green and grey blazer and skirt, and knee-high socks.

i splash water on my face, looking at the door. my parents were still screaming their lungs at each other.

quickly

getting my shoes on, i grab my bag, phone, and gina's hand before running out the door.

the two were too busy to realize we left. gina and i headed to a diner near by, as we left the house really early.

we ate breakfast, as we finished, a boisterous group of boys came in. one in particular caught my eye. a brightly red haired boy. we made eyecontact before i looked away.

i waved to one of the workers, eunji. she was a middle-aged woman who understood where we were coming from, occasionally giving us free food as her uncle was the one who owned the diner.

gina and i walked out, passing by the boys who were very loud.

gina and i walked to her school, silently.

"when are mom and dad gonna stop fighting?" gina asked.

i felt bad for the girl.

how could such an innocent girl end up with a family like us?

"i don't know gina. but don't worry, i've almost saved up enough money to get us an apartment okay?" i told her

it was true.

i had gotten a job in secret. i saved money for gina and i. for 6 years i've been saving up money, either babysitting, waitering, or merely delivering newspaper.

and for 6 years, gina and i heard the nonstop screaming from my parents.

i wonder when that'll stop.