+5

//the day before//

the final bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

i waited outside for my friends to look at the apartment. i had to call sick from work, which was about 500,000 won i was missing out on. i watched as bangtan walked out the school, waving at me like they knew me.

god, taehyung. you already introduced me to bangtan?

"hello! are you taehyung's new girlfriend?" namjoon said, teasingly wrapping his arm around taehyung's neck.

taehyung laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"no... i'm not." i respond.

i see the girls walking outside, searching for me. i wave my arm crazily watching them walk towards me.

the boys turn around.

"well, seems like i have to go!" i walk away, but stopped by a grasp and a comment.

taehyung's grasp was tight,"let us come with you."

"no thanks-"i started before being cut off.

"sure! we're gonna furnish her and her sister's new apartment!"delana exclaimed, staring at namjoon with heart eyes.

i roll my eyes and groan while i get dragged away with them.

taehyung held my hand through the walk and none of the girls had noticed, clearly too busy conversing with their crushes.

he smiled, walking with me in silence, i stared at him. was it weird to do that?

i stopped walking. taehyung turned around confused with my hand still in his. i waited for the group to walk further before speaking.

"did you mean it?"i ask.

taehyung tilted his head in confusion.

"mean what?"he questioned.

"your confession, did you mean it?"i ask thoroughly.

taehyung stayed silent.

i knew it.

i scoffed, taking my hand away from his grasp and walking away.

he yelled my name, but i continued walking.

"yah! you didn't let me answer,"he puffed out, tugging at my arm. he tugged my arm once more, hard enough to pull me close to his body and hug me.

"of course i meant it,"he whispered in my ear, digging his head into my neck.

i was hesitant to hug him back, but soon enough i did.

did i really believe him though? i gave him a month, that's enough for me to decide.

"let's go we're falling behind,"i say, pulling away from the embrace.

"wait," he paused,"do you accept my confession?"

"we'll see after that month,"i say,"c'mon."

this time it was me dragging him. we ran back to the group, the local mall in front of us.

"why are we at the mall?"i question.

"well, i mean, the apartment is already furnished, we just need decorations,"delana smiled, then looked at me up and down,"and new clothes."

i laugh and roll my eyes at the girl.

"did you just diss my style?"i pout.

"ugh, ew. put that away,"kiki said, flicking my forehead.

"yah!"i exclaimed.

the boys laugh and we walk into the mall.

i haven't been here in so long. last time i was here was i think 2 years ago when i wasn't so busy with work.

we shopped quickly for clothes—for both me and gina— and decoration for the house.

delana called for her driver, and we packed our stuff in the car before driving to the new apartment.

to be completely honest, the apartment was bigger than i imagined.

the others unpacked the things we bought, putting them in places they thought fit.

i smiled, planning in my head.

how are we gonna get our things out the house? are my parents going to notice? what if they put out a search warrant? do i have to contact them? would i have to explain to them?

will this action encourage them to stop fighting?

i shook the thoughts away, looking up and seeing everybody looking at me with wide smiles on their faces.

"what?" i ask.

"we're finished!"they all exclaimed.

i smiled at them.

"i know you don't like hugs, but just this once?"i ask, holding my arms out for delana.

she groaned and walked forward into my hug.

"thank you, i don't know how to repay you,"i whispered in her ear.

"it's nothing, i wanna help you get gina out that awful house environment."

"me too,"i pause, looking at the clock on the wall,"oh god! gina is gonna get out of school any minute! she can't go to the house!"

i ran out the door with the others following closely behind.

we run to gina's school hopeful to catch her. just in time, i see gina walking out of school.

"gina!"i yell.

she turns around.

"oh, unnie. i thought you had work," she says.

i hug her tightly.

"what's going on?"she asks.

"we're getting out that house,"i pant.