The Lonely

2 A.M where do I begin, crying off my face again,

James couldn't sleep, no matter how hard he tried. All he could do was think about Alex's threat. What did Alex have against him? He had never been rude to him, in fact they had never really talked.

The silent sound of loneliness, wants to follow me to bed,

He got up and decided to get breakfast even though it was very early in the morning. He walked to his kitchen and thought about what he wanted to eat.

I'm a ghost of a girl, that I want to be most,

After he had decided on cereal, he washed a bowl and spoon. He poured his cereal and milk in the bowl and just stared at it. He hadn't realized he spilt the milk, he was too busy thinking of Thomas, to think about pouring milk.

I'm the shell of a girl, that I used to know
well,

As he ate his cereal he looked at the time, 4:54. Sighing he looked back at his bowl, he still had around a hour till school started. He got up and rinsed his dishes and decided to try a sleep again. Not that he would have much sleep.

Dancing slowly in an empty room, can the lonely take the place of you,

He did sleep that time, only for half an hour though. He got up and begin to get ready, he made his way to the bathroom to change the bandages on his arms and brush his teeth.

I sing myself a quiet lullaby, let you go and let the lonely in, to take my heart again

After doing so, he left the bathroom to change his clothes. He put on an orange t-shirt, a grey sweatshirt, and black jeans. After gathering his books he put on his black combat boots.

Too afraid to go inside, for the pain of one more loveless night,

He walked out to his car and got inside. He stared at the steering wheel blankly and started the car. The drive was long and boring and he was at school by 6:58. He had two minutes till his first class.

But the loneliness will stay with me, and hold me till I fall asleep,

He rushed inside the school and went to his locker, happy that Thomas and Alex weren't in front of it today. He was hoping he wouldn't have to associate with people for the day. But of course never ever goes his way.

I'm a ghost of a girl, that I want to be most

"James", someone said from behind him. Cautiously he turned around, he was happy to see it wasn't Thomas nor Alex. It was his friend Aaron. They didn't talk much anymore. Aaron was with Theodosia.

I'm the shell of a girl, that I used to know well

"Aaron", he said with a small smile. Aaron had always been nice to him. He saw Aaron smile back, and he swore he saw Thomas gasp slightly at the fact James was talking to someone.

Dancing slowly in an empty room, can the lonely take the place of you?

"How have you been, James?" Why did everyone ask that? He was fine, right? Right. He was fine, completely fine. "I'm alright, how are you Aaron?" But he wasn't fine. He couldn't lie to the one person he had left. He was alright though. Not fine, not great. Just alright.

I sing myself a quiet lullaby, let you go and let the lonely in, to take my heart again

The bell rang, and he and Aaron separated, going to their classes. He wasn't looking forward to seeing Alex today. Alex made him feel unsafe.

Broken pieces of a barely breathing story, where there once was love,

He took his seat and tried to focus on the upcoming lesson about to be taught. But his mind kept wandering back to Thomas, which made it really hard to focus.

Now there's only me, and the lonely

A/N Yo bros, so here's another chapter this one inspired by The Lonely by Christina Perri. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy, this is probably my longest chapter. Sorry at how short most of them are by the way. I'm writing this on my phone so I'm also sorry if there are any mistakes.