Chasing Cars

We'll do it all, everything, on our own,

Aaron and Theo were at the store, buying things for James. He was a mess. He wouldn't stop crying though he told everyone he was fine.

We don't need, anything, or anyone,

Aaron and Theo headed to the checkout after they had found all the necessities James would need. Which wasn't a lot. He already had a decent amount of food, because he didn't eat every day.

If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

They put the grocery bags in the back of Theodosia's black truck, and drove out of the parking lot. Once on the road, everything was going fine until Theo looked at Aaron and smiled.

I don't quite know, how to say, how I feel, those three words, are said too much, they're not enough,

They didn't see the tan Suburban heading straight for them. Suddenly the only thing Aaron could see was red.

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me, and just forget the world?

Aaron woke up, what seemed to him, like seconds later. He was surrounded by his friends. James, Peggy, Eliza, Angelica, and Maria? There was no Theodosia though. Theodosia. Theodosia! He let out a cry, "W-where is Theo-dosi-a!"

Forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden, that's bursting into life,

James looked down at Aaron, "Aaron, you've been asleep for days, and sometime last night, like a flame that flickers out too soon. She died, she's gone. I'm so sorry." Aaron couldn't even fathom the words he'd said except for 'died' and 'gone'.

Let's waste time, chasing cars, around our heads,

Aaron let out a sob. He didn't want to believe it. He didn't even remember how it happened. The last thing he remembered was Theo's face. Her beautiful face. Why? First his parents and now Theo. He wanted to have a life with her! He wanted her to be alive! Stay alive Theo!

I need your grace, to remind me, to find my own,

But sadly she couldn't stay alive. She was already dead. Aaron's heart was breaking. How many people needed to be taken from his life?! Theo is dead. Aaron new, as hard as it would be, Theo wanted him to stay alive. So that's what he'd do.

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me, and just forget the world?

He could practically feel his life leaving him, but he was desperate to stay alive. He was completely aware of everything around him. He could see and hear. But he couldn't speak.

Forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden, that's bursting into life,

Aaron would stay alive for Theo, no matter how hard it would be. And from here on, it would be Friday May 23rd that Theo died and Saturday May 24th that Aaron pushed past death to stay alive for Theodosia.

All that I am, all that I ever was, Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.

A/N this was a short chapter, but I was desperate to make it. Poor Aaron amiright? :( I changed perspectives a bit, hope ya don't mind. I might do that later on the story too. Cause I get ideas, that aren't exactly ideas that have to do with James. Though, the majority will be James. Or Thomas. Ya know.