Youth

Trigger warning for those sensitive to self harm, suicide, etc. Proceed with caution. You have been warned.

Shadows settle on the place that you left, our minds are troubled by the emptiness

After Theo died and Aaron survived, there was always a sad aura in the group. It didn't help that Thomas was still visiting James at like 9:00 P.M., James never told Thomas he saw him kissing someone else. He didn't want to face the harsh reality. He already knew Thomas was just using him. James went back to cutting. It wasn't hard to hide it from Thomas. He was never there.

Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time, from the perfect start to the finish line,

So there James was, razor in hand, slitting his wrists for every person Thomas cheated on. Yes, he kept count of the people Thomas hurt. He was one of them, after all. He knew his friends wouldn't come either. The Schuyler Sisters were at the mall with Aaron and Maria.

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones, 'cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs,

So, James just sat there. He bandaged his wrists and watched the blood soak through. He laughed a bit. This took the pain away. This made him feel better, at least that's he told himself. He didn't know he was digging himself into a hole, already very deep.

Setting fire to our insides for fun, collecting names of the lovers that went wrong. The lovers that went wrong.

He went out to his living room and sat on one of his love seats. He wondered why he loved Thomas. Especially after this. There was a knock on his door.

We are the reckless, we are the wild youth,

He opened the door. Thomas. He put on a fake smile and invited him in. He was early. It was only 6:35. "What are you doing here so early Thomas?" He frowned. Thomas smiled, "I wanted to see you, Jemmy." He decided he needed to tell Thomas about what he saw.

Chasing visions of our futures, one day we'll reveal the truth,

James took out his phone and showed Thomas the picture of him and that girl. Thomas frowned, "Where did you get that?" James frowned as well, "I took it myself." Thomas looked surprised and scared.

That one will die before he gets there,

"Oh." That was all Thomas had to say. Oh? Wow. James was becoming frustrated. "Get out Thomas." His voice was quiet but full of emotions, hatred, anger, fear, sadness, and love. All at the same time.

'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone,

After Thomas left, James went back to doing what he was doing before Thomas got here. Sitting in the bathroom, crying and cutting. His tears stung the scars but he ignored it. Soon he was losing sight from blood loss and his arms and legs were covered in blood.

We're setting fire to our insides for fun, collecting pictures from the flood that, wrecked our home. It was a flood that wrecked this home,

Of course, his friends have perfect timing. As they rushed through his unlocked door, shopping bags in hand. They all dropped them, when they saw James in the bathroom. James forgot to close the bathroom door.

And you caused it, and you caused it, and you caused it,

His friends rushed James to the hospital, for a second time, hoping to get him there before he lost consciousness. They did. The doctors and nurses rushed James into an emergency room.

Well I've lost it all, I'm just a silouhette, a lifeless face that you'll soon forget, my eyes are damp, from the words you left, ringing in my head, when you broke my chest.

James was on the verge of death, again. This time though, they did call Thomas. This is what they said, "James is in the hospital," Eliza said, before Thomas could answer, it was Peggy's turn, "We don't want you to come. You caused this." Then Angelica's turn, "I can't believe you did this to him. He didn't deserve any of this. He was doing fine believing that you loved him. But then he realized he was being used. Goodbye Thomas." They hung up.

And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one, 'cause most of us are bitter over someone, setting fire to our insides for fun, to distract our hearts from ever missing them.
But I'm forever missing him.

A/N I don't know how to write happy stuff. So this happened. Yeah. Sad stuff to tear your heartstrings and mess with all your emotions. Especially yours caringkelly. Mwahahahahahaha. Also this song like emotionally scars me. So yeah.