Big Girls Cry

A/N there will be abuse in this chapter and anytime 'James' is there, it's Mr. Reynolds, not Jemmy, unless said otherwise,

Tough girl, in the fast lane, no time for love, no time for hate,

Maria was rushing home, she was already late and her boyfriend James (Reynolds) didn't like it when she was late. Hopefully he was already asleep or something.

No drama, no time for games, tough girl whose soul aches,

Once she arrived home, she unlocked the door only to find a very awake James Reynolds. His head snapped towards her, he  frowned. "I thought we agreed you'd always be back at exactly 9:00 Maria. It's 10:30." Maria nodded, "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

I'm at home, on my own, check my phone, nothing, though, act busy, order in, pay TV, it’s agony,

Before she could manage the entire sentence, James's hand made contact with her face. She didn't scream or cry. She was used to the abuse by now.

I may cry ruinin' my makeup,

She felt the same pain everyday, but she was still happy in life. She had her wonderful friends. The Schuyler Sisters had forgiven her about the Alexander Hamilton mishap. And James Madison, he had willingly let her join their group.

Wash away all the things you've taken,

Peggy was Maria's favorite Schuyler. She had a small crush on the younger girl. But, James would flip if she said anything. Maria was only dating James, because he let her stay with him.

I don't care if I don't look pretty, big girls cry when their hearts are breaking.

After her beating, Maria rushed to her room. She called Peggy. "Mari-" "Peggy, I need help, he's done it again. Beating me, mistreating me. Are you at home?" Maria was crying now, as she waited for Peggy's response.

Big girls cry when their heart is breaking,

"Yeah, I'm home. Come on over Maria." She sighed, "Thank you, goodbye Peggy." She hung up and grabbed her red jacket. She snuck out her bedroom window and ram for the Schuyler Sisters's house.

Tough girl, I'm in pain, It's lonely at the top, black outs and airplanes,

Once she arrived, she was greeted by a smiling Peggy, she said, "Maria, come in, I'm so sorry, are you ok?" Maria nodded, "Yeah, I'll be alright." She smiled at Peggy.

And I still pour you a glass, of champagne, tough girl whose soul aches,

Once she was inside, Peggy pulled her into a hug. She said the last words Maria ever imagined Peggy would say to her, Peggy said, "I love you Maria." Maria's breath caught In her throat, "You don't deserve this Mari." Maria smiled at the nickname, "I love you too, Peggy."

I love.

A/N again with the skipping versus, yeesh. Anyway, this was sort of a filler chapter, but I wanted to shine some light on Maria, so this happened. :) yeah. I was desperate to get at least one update out today, so here. :D I hope you enjoyed, this chapter was a tad happier than my ithers, I wonder if that's why it's shorter. Hmm? I don't know. Anyway. This is a long authors note, so bye