Ch 9

(AN: Thank you to destielsdreamer for writing the first half of this ;) )

Grace's PoV

After calling Mick to get him to come and look after Brie in hospital after our unfortunate hellhound incident, I headed back to our base to see how things were getting on. As much as I wanted to work this case, I hated the idea of leaving Arthur and Mary together. I couldn't see him get hurt, not after last time. Mary and I never got along anyway and I would much rather she just leave us alone for good now.At least one good thing came of today: Brie has worked her first case and handled it pretty well. She still has a long way to go, but Mick and I are confident she will make it.

As soon as I arrive back at base, I head straight to my office to file a report on the hellhounds case. I also have the impossible task of trying to keep Hess off Mick's tail as he is looking after Brie for a few days.

Even though this relationship might get him into trouble, I'm glad Mick finally found a true soulmate and Brie is happy. I open the door to the office and switch on the lights to see Arthur standing there with the cutest smile on his face and I can't help but laugh.

"How long have you been here? You didn't even know I was coming back tonight!" I say.

"Well I overheard Mick on the phone and figured you'd be giving those two some alone time. Hopefully we can get some alone time too?" He asks, giving me a devilish grin.
"Hell, I've missed you." I sigh, running forward to hug him.
"I've missed you too." He whispers, kissing my forehead.

We stay hugging until we hear someone walk up to the door and stop. I turn around to see Mary of all people and roll my eyes.
"What the hell do you want?" I ask, shooting her a dirty look.

"Well I'm just wondering...is Brie not with you? You got her killed on her first case didn't you? I guess you take after your boyfriend here." She says, signalling to Arthur.
"You don't know a single thing about me, or Arthur for that matter. And Brie is fine, she's just staying with her boyfriend for a few days if you must know but really, I don't see how it's your business." I snap, walking out into the corridor so I'm now face to face with her.

"I need to know everything that goes on here so yes it is my business. And I know a lot more about Ketch here than you know." Mary says, smirking.
"Oh please, not this shit again. You don't know anything about him because you never gave him a chance! You American lot can be too judgemental for your own good and you should really know better." I remark.
"You bitch." Mary mutters before punching me in the face. Blood pours from my nose as I stare at her in anger and disbelief.

"Fine. Play dirty." I say, grabbing her arm and twisting it, making her fall to the floor but not before she pushes me hard into a wall, causing me to lose my balance and fall. She tries to take another punch at me but I dodge it, roll over and get back on to my feet. She keeps hitting me, and I keep hitting back until I block her swinging arm with my fist and grab her shirt with the other, pulling her face inches away from mine.
"Do you really want to test me?" I growl.

"Oh sweetie, I could do this all day." She says, but her voice wavers slightly.
"Next time, I'd advise you keeping your mouth shut." I hiss, shoving her away from me and wiping some of the blood from my nose. She stumbles and tries to walk away but something catches her in the back, making her go completely still and drop to the floor. Behind her, I see Arthur holding his taser gun and pointing it at her back.

"Nobody hurts my girl and gets away with it." He says angrily, stepping over Mary's unconscious body and walking towards me. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah....I'm good." I sigh breathlessly before collapsing into his arms.