11. gotta pack lmao

a/n: chapters may be a little shorter from bow on bc 3000 or so words is a lot to get out at once and also, shitty and sassy chapter titles bc I'm a wicked piece of shit

~James~

I had only 24 hours to pack everything from the apartment. I didn't have much, but 24 hours still didn't feel like enough. If I wanted to get out in time, I had to start packing pretty soon. 

"Hey, Thomas?"

"Yeah Jem?"

"I've only got 24 hours to pack. I've gotta go now or I won't get it done in time."

"Well, lets go get started then. I'll change real quick then give Peggy a call to meet us at the park." he said standing up. 

"Wait what?"

"We'll help you pack. You think I was gonna let you do it on your own?"

"I guess, I mean, nobody has ever really offered me help before. I wasn't expecting it."

"Oh, well, this is a new era then. Where you're cared for and loved and helps always just around the corner." he said with a bright smile. I couldn't help but smile back. He had already done so much for me. And he was willing to do so much more. 

Before I could say anything to that, he was neck deep into his closet. Soon enough, he was completely dressed and already on the phone with Peggy. 

~T-Jeff and Peggy's phone call~

"Heya Peggy, you up 'n at em?"

"'bout as up 'n at em as I'll ever be at 7 am.  What do you need?" she said, slightly groggily. 

"I was wondering if you could help out with packing?"

"You moving? Why didn't you tell me."

"No no no  I'm not moving. James is. It's more of a different situation, I'll explain later. But we're moving him in with me."

"Oooooooh~" you could pretty much hear her smirk through the phone. 

"Shut up, so are you up for it?"

"If Maria can come then yeah, we'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Alright, meet us at the park."

"Ok, seeya Tommy-J!"

"Bye Pegs"

~it ended lmao back to James POV~

"She'll be at the park with Maria in about 10 minutes" he said with a smile. 

After about 5 minutes, we headed down to the park. 

"So I'm gonna take a guess that the date with Maria went well for Peggy?" I asked as we took a seat.

"I guess so. I'm glad as well. Hopefully she makes Peggy happy." he said. 

"Y'all are really close, huh?"

"Yeah. She knows everything. Just about as much as you do. Although, she doesn't know a lot about Lucy. Or what happens to her. All she knows is I do have a little sibling." 

"She seems like a great friend. I can tell that you see her as a sister."

"Yeah. She's made a huge impact-" before he could finish, Peggy and Maria showed up. 

"Hey guys! Let's get started! The sooner we start, the sooner we can get the happy couple moved in." she said, winking at Thomas. He jokingly shot her a glare, then we were off. 

 It didn't take too long to get there, so, they sill had quite a bit of energy left to pack. Once they were inside the small apartment James used to live in, they went to work. The girls helped with all the glassware and stuff while the guys took care of the clothing. It took about 30 minutes for the guys to get done, while the girls took a little extra time to wash dishes. Not that they were used and unwashed, but they were a bit dusty. 

Once that was done, they stripped the little bed of its old comforter and neatly folded it and placed it into a box. The sheets and pillow cases going in one box while the thicker blanket went into one of its own. After, they packed the few towels he had and his toiletries. By that time, it was around lunch. 

"Ok, maybe it didn't take as long as I thought it would." I said with a laugh. 

"Well, you did have three other people helping out." Thomas said with a smile. 

"Alright guys, let's get to cleaning." Peggy said, handing us each a cleaning utensil. 

"But, we've got everything packed?" Thomas said, ending it as a question. 

"We gotta clean though. We don't want the guy to get angry at James." Maria said, backing up Peggy. Me and Thomas both forgot that they had no idea why we were moving my stuff to Thomas'. I gave him a look that signaled that I wasn't quite ready to talk about it. 

So, we just complied and started to clean. I was to sweep, Thomas was to wipe down the counters, Maria was to dust, and Peggy wiped down the fridge and cleaned the stove top. After cleaning, we all started picking up boxes. Each of us had 2, and would come back later to get the boxes full of dishes. 

After getting the dishes and stuff, we all sat in Thomas' apartment, exhausted from lugging around the dish ware. 

Soon, the girls left for some food, leaving me and Thomas alone. 

----

lmao short af soz. get ready for bunches of time skips within the next few chapters y'all.