7 { Personal Wars }

"So come over."

Olivia looked at the note in so much confusion. She read it over 4 times, making sure she interpreted the 3 words correctly.

After putting it on her desk, Elliot realized how creepy it may have sounded.

"Why do you want me-"

Before Olivia could finish writing out her response, Elliot gave her another note.

"We have the project to work on. Spanish?"

Realizing there was an actual reason to go over there, she decided she could. She was excited nonetheless. Why she was, though, she didn't know.

"Si."

~•~

Olivia looked up at his house. For whatever reason, it shocked her. It was just your average middle class house. Two floors, a nice walkway leading up to a nicer porch. It was painted a nice, powdered blue color. It looked like a million other houses, but was far superior to Olivia's. A rusty red colored one story house, being held together by the seams.

Elliot unlocked the door and they went inside. It seemed even nicer. Walls colored to bring warmth to the home, pictures and decorations everywhere. It looked like a designer decorated the place.

Olivia looked around for a second longer, but was cut off by a woman's voice.

"Elliot! You home?"

"Yeah!" he called back. "I have someone over, we're doing a project!"

Not wanting any more conversation to occur, Elliot nudged Olivia to bring her upstairs. But it was too late. Elliot's mother came running in, hugged Elliot, then looked at Olivia.

"Oh, dear! Hello! Call me Bernie! What's your name?"

"Olivia," she said. "Nice to meet you."

"Oh you too dear! Would you like anything to eat? Or drink?"

"I'm fine. But thank you."

"Alright. You two study buddies go ahead then! I'll be down here!"

Elliot took the chance to grab Olivia's arm and pull her up the stairs with him. She followed him. Once in his room, Elliot closed the door then threw his stuff on the floor. This bedroom, too, looked nicer than Olivia's. The walls had a dark blue color painted on them, some decorations. Everything organized. His carpet was soft and warm.

Olivia's looked and smelled like dirt.

"Just put your stuff anywhere," Elliot told her.

"Why did you, like, run away from your mom?"

"She can go on and on about anything. She's...eccentric. Don't mind her. Please."

"She's really nice. Why would I-"

"Because she's...herself. If you actually are hungry or anything I've got snacks and water in here."

"To hide from your mom?"

"I call it 'I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen' but...sometimes. Let's just start on the project."