21 { Trust Issues }

So so so sorry I haven't updated!! I'm literally moving into my freshman college dorm in EIGHT HOURS. I've been busy packing and prepping and haven't had time to write. I hope this holds you all over! 😭 sorry!

•••

"When is your dad going to get here?"

"He'll call me before he comes. But he has a lot going on at his work right now so he won't get my mom's call until later. My mom will get back before he does."

"Okay."

Olivia seemed off since Bernie had come and interrupted their afternoon together. He knew why, but didn't like it.

"Hey."

Olivia had been sitting on the floor, organizing some things in her bag. She looked up at Elliot, who was on the bed. "What?"

"Come here."

"Why?"

"Because I said. Come here."

With some hesitation, she stood up and went over to Elliot. He was sitting on the edge of his mattress, and made her sit on his lap, straddling him. "I don't want you to feel bad about any of this, that happened today, okay?"

"But-"

"No buts. I don't want you to feel bad about the TP or the eggs. I don't want you to feel bad about my parents getting involved with it. I don't want you feeling bad about how I got bullied already or about how they're targeting me or anything. None of it is your fault. No matter what twisted logic you use, it's wrong. Don't blame yourself."

Olivia nodded. She quietly whispered, "Okay."

"Come on," Elliot said, moving his hands from her hips up to her waist. "Today's a happy day." He kissed her cheek then let her rest her head on his shoulder.

While one of Elliot's arms went all the way around her torso for a tight hug, the other inched up so he could rub circles on her back. It was an incredible feeling for Olivia, to have someone care this much for her wellbeing in that moment. She instinctively wrapped her arms around Elliot too. The couple sat that way for what felt like a long time. Neither wanted to let go, in all honesty. How they would explain themselves and their relationship would be difficult, but they chose to ignore that.

"When your dad wants names, it's Amanda, Melinda, and Kim. Those are the main three. Put me in there too."

"I'm not throwing you under the bus for anything," Elliot retorted, adding more pressure to the circles he was rubbing on her back.

"If they get questioned, they'll all tell the cops I came up with the idea. I have no way out of it, Elliot."

"You came up with it years ago."

"But we do the same kids basically every time. John has gotten hit with it the past four semesters."

"There probably is nothing the police can do anyways. Just relax. I'll say the cheerleaders. Not you."

"Still."

"Olivia, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. I promise."

Elliot brushed her hair out of the way so he could kiss the area where her neck and collarbone met. He heard her breathing hitch and smiled against her skin. Slowly, he moved his lips up to hers in a trail of kisses.

"El..." Olivia trailed off. She wasn't sure where she was going with that but whatever it was, Elliot was doing a great job of distracting her.

"Yeah?" Elliot played along.