15 { Not So Happy Endings }

Elliot watched the entire thing from his car. He was very confused and saw her in a terrified state as she rushed over and got into the passenger's seat.

"What's-"

"Just...go." she ordered shortly, trying to buckle her seatbelt but failing because she was looking up at the front door, waiting for Serena to come out screaming.

"Liv, w-"

"Please, Elliot, just drive!"

Elliot did as he was told and drove away from her house. Olivia kept watching, never once seeing her mother make an appearance. She calmed down then and turned around in her seat. Elliot kept a watchful eye on her. She continuously intertwined her fingers and then separated them. Over and over. As much as she tried to look calm, she was still not at ease.

"Liv," Elliot treaded lightly.

"What?" she asked, already knowing the question that was about to arise.

"What just happened?"

"Oh, um, nothing. I just didn't want my mom to, um..."

"See me?"

"Yeah. She's...protective."

"Looked like a little bit more than being protective."

"It's fine, Elliot," Olivia replied, turning her attention away from him.

Elliot didn't say anything else. About ten minutes later, they pulled into the parking lot of the movie theater and got out of the car. They walked slowly, not in any rush to get inside. Olivia felt bad for being so short with Elliot, but he didn't seem to be aggravated; he seemed worried, which almost seemed worse. She grabbed his hand just before they got to the doors, and squeezed lightly. He squeezed back, looking down at her. He took it as her apology and kissed her head to let her know.

They got tickets and snacks, then went to the correct theater where they took to the highest row of seats. They were right on time, but not too many people were in the theater. It wasn't many minutes later until the movie started.

~•~

The night was still young as Elliot and Olivia exited the theater. It was fall, so it was dark, but it had really only been about 8 o'clock when they finished the movie. Olivia didn't want to go home yet, and luckily, Elliot knew that. The two made their way to Elliot's car and got in.

"Hungry?" Elliot asked. "We could go grab something."

Olivia smiled and agreed, thankful she wouldn't have to go home. Elliot drove to a close by diner to eat. Elliot ordered a burger and fries while Olivia ordered a salad. Normally, she'd down a burger with no struggle, but she felt somewhat self-conscious in front of Elliot. She wasn't very comfortable in front of people in general but working in a restaurant really helped. And she only really had to be confident in school, which wasn't hard. She honestly didn't care for salad but would eat it anyways.

After handing over their menus, Elliot and Olivia sat and talked. It was a light conversation, but Elliot really wanted to talk to her. He still didn't feel right about letting her go home so he was trying to keep her out of the house. But he really wanted to talk to her about it.

"So back to earlier..." Elliot said, completely changing the subject.

"What about earlier?" Olivia asked, knowing what he was referring to but hoped he wasn't.

"I really need to talk to you about it. You were really scared as you left your house. I could tell."

Olivia squirmed in her seat, uncomfortable. She didn't want to talk, explain her mother. Olivia dealt with it because she had to. She knew why her mother acted as she did, and though she blamed her sometimes, she understood it.