10 { What A Mess }

They got to school and Olivia mumbled, "Thanks for the ride," before darting off to her first class. Elliot thought about following her, but then decided not to rush. They had that class together anyways. He'd just talk to her then.

~•~

'Just trying to be nice. Damn'

The two had been arguing through their notes for the past twenty minutes. Olivia was embarrassed but tried to hide it, while Elliot was just getting annoyed.

'I get that but I don't need someone to fix all my problems. I'll get someone to tow it after school.'

'Do you know how much that'll cost? Just let me and my dad fix it. He's gonna be over today, tomorrow, and probably Sunday.'

'I have the money. Trust me' Olivia wrote back. She didn't want to be helped any more by them. She already seemed helpless and like a stray.

'I don't doubt that but still. Don't waste a thousand bucks on something that could possibly take a half hour to fix'

'Alright fine. I'm going to need a ride to the train station after school, though.'

'Done. What about after work?'

Olivia looked up at him with an uneasy expression. This many rides? That totally seemed needy. Looking at her, he then wrote, 'Its fine. Take the train and I'll pick you up. Do you work this weekend?'

'I start at 5:45 Saturday night to close and then 9am Sunday. Why?'

'Well in case my dad can't come until later tonight, I might not be able to fix your car until tomorrow. So I'll have to get you to and from the train station.'

'You really don't have to. The train station isn't that far from my house. I can walk.'

'You aren't walking home at night. Forget it'

Olivia rolled her eyes. 'Okay fine.'

He looked at her and smiled, which made her smile too and she looked away.

~•~

"Text me when you're back and I'll come get you. Okay? Don't even think about walking home."

"Fine!" Olivia said to Elliot. "Jeez, you're like a parent."

"I don't want you walking. It's dangerous out even now."

"Okay. I'm gonna be late. Bye."

"Bye," Elliot whispered as she got out of the car. He watched her walk up the stairs and disappear around the corner.

Olivia went up and got on the train, showing her month pass to the conductor as she boarded. She sat in one of the last few rows in the cabin, pulled her homework out of her backpack and happened to finish her English reading and questions on her ride to work. Her shift was rather boring and long for a Friday night. She walked out with less money than she'd have hoped. A fellow server wanted to stay late for her, so she left before expected to. As she made her way into the evening air, she saw Elliot had texted her.