34 { Push and Pull }

"Please. I wanna talk to her."

"About what?"

"Just stuff. I promise. Nothing bad."

Elliot looked down at his phone, shaking his head. Why on earth would Olivia ever want to-

A Snapchat came through from her. She was in a big t-shirt, hair in a messy bun, pouting with puppy eyes. "Please" the caption read.

He decided to text her back. "I better not hear about you threatening her, or planning to pull a prank on her or anything. Got it?"

"Why the fuck would I do that?! You really don't trust me that much?"

"No, of course I trust you. I just don't want anything bad happening" Elliot texted back. Something about this didn't sit right with him.

"I literally swear on my mom's life I won't do anything mean to her. I won't even text her until tomorrow"

"You don't care about your mom that much but okay. Here, give me a sec." After that, he sent her Alexis's phone number.

"Thank you <3" Olivia replied, saving the contact. She had totally lied to Elliot and planned out what she had to say to Alexis already. She was just waiting for the call from Elliot that signaled the hangout was over.

It wasn't much longer she had to wait.

She had busied herself with a bubble bath, streaming the latest episode of The Bachelorette on the crappy laptop she shared with her mom, which sat on top of her towel, which was resting on the toilet. She was watching the episode when her phone rang. She ignored it then sent her text to Alexis.

No, she didn't plan to be mean to Alexis. She just didn't want to wait to talk to her. Her text read:

"Hey, this is Olivia. I know tonight was super awkward and probably a bit humiliating feeling but I wanted to talk to you one on one about it. I kinda felt the same way. We both got drunk and did and said things we shouldn't have. I don't want the guys around for this. Because we won't say what we really want to, for sure, and nothing will get solved. I totally have forgiven you, honestly. But I want to hang out and talk with you anyways. I get off of work tomorrow at 6, if you want to go get dinner or coffee or something?
Also don't tell Elliot this is happening, if you're up to it. He worries too much lol
-Liv"

Once she sent it, she called Elliot back. He answered after only one ring, which surprised her. "Hey. sorry, I couldn't reach my phone."

"Why not? What are you doing?" was his response.

"Wow, hello to you too," she joked.

"Well, like, you always have your phone," Elliot commented. "Hi, how are you? Is that better?"

"I'm taking a bath," she said. "And yes."

"Oh, how exciting."

"It really is. Very hot and relaxing. You guys done for the night? It's only like...10:30."

"We aren't animals. Plus everyone had to get up early."

"Did anyone ask why I left?"

"Well yeah, they all did. I said you felt sick and didn't want to seem rude by leaving when everyone showed up."

She was relieved. "Okay, good."

"They do want to hang out with you sometime, though. They actually do like you."

"Well I guess that's reassuring," she said, readjusting her position.

"Don't be hard on yourself about anything, Liv."