19 { Sunday Not-So-Fun-Day }

Olivia rolled over and breathed in the scent around her. With a smile, she opened her eyes and sat up. As she looked around, she noticed Elliot was missing.

She got out of bed and traveled to the door, opening it. Elliot was standing there, holding some snacks and trying to open the door at the same time.

"Hey, beautiful," Elliot said, watching Olivia stand by the door.

A smile crossed the young girl's face. "Hi."

"When did you wake up?"

"Just now," she said, opening the door more for him.

Elliot came in and put what he was holding on the bed. "Right when I get up, huh?"

Olivia rolled her eyes. "Sure. So what did you bring me?"

"What does it look like?"

"Okay, no need to get smart," Olivia joked, grabbing a bottle of water.

Elliot came up behind her, hugging her tightly. Olivia held his arms as he kissed her cheek. "You're definitely smarter than me," he admitted.

"I know."

"Who's the smartass now?" Elliot asked, turning her around in his arms.

"I won't admit to anything," Olivia whispered, leaning into his chest.

"Except to being smarter?"

"Yup."

Elliot chuckled and hugged the girl leaning against him. The gentle pressure provided great comfort for her and she smiled. When she didn't move away, Elliot whispered, "Everything okay?"

Olivia nodded. "Yeah. You just smell good."

The comment only made Elliot laugh. "Glad to hear, I guess."

"Do we have to stay standing?" Olivia whined. "I wanna lay with you."

"Don't gotta beg," Elliot joked, pulling her to the bed.

They laid down, Olivia's head on Elliot's chest, arms around each other. They continued watching their movie, enjoying each other's company. It was nearing the end, where the character Mark is found after running away from home.

"'You said we'd be happier. You didn't keep your promise,' the boy told his father.

'I know,' Tom replied, tears swelling in his eyes. 'I'm sorry.'

The two hugged and stayed on the train, watching the lights of the town go by."

Olivia always hated watching that part. She felt for the fictional character. He was the outsider, the one the other kids picked on, but at the end of the day, he was loved by all of them. Something she didn't have, yet again. A tear rolled down her cheek, but she didn't wipe it. She didn't want Elliot to notice. He did though, because he heard the tiniest of sniffles.

Elliot's hand traveled up to Olivia's back, rubbing small circles. He didn't know if he should say anything, so he didn't. There was so much he wanted to say, however: she deserved all the love in the world and that she would have it one day, she'd get anything she could ever want because the world would give it to her, and, even though he told her she didn't have to be perfect, she already was. To him.