Chapter 4: Confused Feelings

Vrushika left the dance studio and started walking towards the gate. She could not believe that she just told Maccy and Nimit that Shantanu and his happiness mattered a lot to her. Yes, Shantanu has always been an important part of her life and will always remain so. His opinion, his smile, his anger, his mood swings, every single thing about him effected her but she cannot let him know this because this can break their friendship. And she cannot afford to lose his friendship as their friendship was the only thing that was connecting her to him.

As she walked along the main road, she saw a park across the road. She decided to go to the park and sit there for some time as she wanted to spend some time away from everyone. She crossed the road and entered the park. It was practically empty except for a few aged couples sitting here and there. She chose a bench in one corner of the park to sit and brood over her problems. She sat on the bench looking at some old snaps on her phone. There were couple of old D3 off-screen pics of her with Shantanu that she still had on her phone. It was some of her favorite moments with him that she would cherish for lifetime. 

This is one of her favorite off-screen pic with him

This is one of her favorite off-screen pic with him. Their well wishers always commented on how she always leaned on him and placed her head so comfortably on his shoulder. Well, the truth is that she always loved taking pics in this position because she felt loved and safe whenever she was in his embrace.

She moved on to her next favorite pic.

Whenever she looked into his eyes, she always saw an assurance, a promise that he is always there for her

Whenever she looked into his eyes, she always saw an assurance, a promise that he is always there for her. It may be just her thought but that feeling of togetherness gave her strength to face any hurdle in her life. Yes, he is her strength, her biggest support system.

The next picture is very special to her because that was the first time they had danced together after D3.

Every moment of that day was still fresh in her mind

Every moment of that day was still fresh in her mind. She was happy for him as he was getting a chance to fulfil his dream to participate in World of Dance but she felt bad that she could not be part of his dream. That day she went to his sets to cheer him up and support him. As she met his crew members, they insisted on seeing their duet performance. She felt a bit awkward as it's been a while since they danced together but as soon as the song started and he took her hand in his hand, all her awkwardness vanished. At that moment as she looked into his eyes, she felt like there was no one around them and they were just dancing for each other. It was one of their best duet.

She flipped through the pics wondering why she felt so happy, safe and content around him.

Meanwhile in Spain :

Shantanu had just come back from his shoot and was lying down on his bed to get some rest. Suddenly his phone beeped notifying him of a new post in instagram. He takes up his phone and quickly checks the new post. One of his well wisher had posted a pic of his old dance sequence with Vrushika. As he looked at the pic, lot of memories flooded his mind.

Khamaka nahi was their  first couple dance after the entry of Vrushika as Sharon

Khamaka nahi was their  first couple dance after the entry of Vrushika as Sharon. Even though they did a small chunk together during Yaadein sequence, this was quite different because this was their first intimate dance. He had performed a few close dance with Sneha but they have been working together for a long time and they shared a comfort zone with her. Vrushika was quite new in acting and he felt responsible to make her comfortable while performing their duet.

As the shooting of the dance sequence started, they fumbled and got stuck at couple of places due to their awkwardness. There was a portion where he had to come close to her and place his hand on her waist. He still remember something strange had happened the moment his hand touched her bare waist. He cannot explain the sensation in words as it was the first time he felt something like that. He knew she felt something too as she looked into his eyes at that moment. He is still unable to explain or understand what had happened between them that day.

As time went by, their comfort level increased and they formed a strong bond with each other. Her innocence and child like attitude brought a smile on his face while her illness caused uneasiness in him. They fought with each other for small things like chocolates but he gave up his chocolates just to see smile on her face. Their well wishers misunderstood their bond as love while they always said that they did share a bond with each other but did not have a name for the same.

After completing an year together as SwaRon, they were whole heartedly accepted by their well wishers as SwaRon and VruShan. They felt comfortable dancing with each other as well as performing romantic scenes. Everything went well until the day they came to know about their upcoming intimate scene including their first kiss. He had already kissed her a couple of times on her cheeks and forehead but this one was going to be a challenge even though it was just a camera trick.

On the day of the shoot, first half of the scene went smoothly. As they began to shoot the second half, Shantanu went to light up the bonfire but flame shooted high as the gas was turned on too much. They both got scared seeing this but then everything was brought in control. They both were sitting next to the fire when he noticed her shivering. He wanted to pull her closer because he was concerned that she would fall sick due to cold but professional commitment demanded them to complete the scene.

As the shooting progressed, she came closer to him each second. Soon they were inches away from each other and their nose almost touched each other. As he looked into her eyes, he felt a strange sensation once again just like what he felt the first time they danced together. As the song continued the distance between them kept on decreasing and he felt her tremble as he held her in his arms and kissed her neck and bare shoulders. Finally, the song reached its climax and it was time for their first kiss. They were asked by the director to stop their lips couple of inches from each other. As they stayed in that position, he was closely observing her closed eyes and trembling lips. At that moment for some unknown reason he had an urge to close the remaining distance and kiss those rosy lips. As the director called cut, he mentally scolded himself and thanked God for stopping from doing anything stupid.

Now as he sat there in his room, looking at a still of that scene, he wondered what would have happened if he had just kissed her that day