Chapter 7: Loving Her

Shantanu was sitting in his room thinking about the conversation he had with Ravi and Rithvik.

Shantanu (In mind): Were they right when they say that I am thinking with my brain instead of my heart whenever anyone ask about my relation with Vrushika?

She has always been that part of his life that he never want to let go. He still remember the day when she walked into his life. She was new in the industry and had made an entry as Sharon at a crucial point. The most difficult part was to reshoot few intimate scenes between Swayam and Sharon as they were still new to each other. He knew that being her costar, he had to make her feel comfortable. He started to spend more time with her reading scripts and rehearsing scenes as well as dance routines.

Initially, she kept a distance from everyone and cried a lot because she was finding it difficult to adjust. But with time, she began to change and gel with everyone. The first time she danced as Sharon, everyone were mesmerised by her moves. She danced like a dream. Few months after she joined the show, they were scheduled to perform their first duet. Rehearsals were a bit awkward in the beginning as this was a romantic dance and they had to dance closely. But with time, they became comfortable with each other and gave their  best shot. Their well wishers still consider that duet as one of their best duets. That dance showcased their  chemistry and they got their offscreen name VruShan.

With time, their bond became stronger and stronger. Pulling each other's leg, playing pranks and fighting for chocolates became their favorite timepass. Their well wishers loved their interviews and their comfort level with each other. People misunderstood their bond as love. They had their share of fights and misunderstandings but nothing broke their bond.

Soon, the show came to an end and it was time for them to part ways. People kept saying that they will slowly start moving away from each other just like other costars who don't even talk to each other after their show. But they proved everyone wrong and kept their bond intact. She stood by him , supporting all his projects. Even when he lost his temper and fought with her, she never gave up on him. She became his biggest strength and support system. For the first time in his life, he realised that she did everything a true life partner would do in ones life, that is stand by and support you unconditionally. She has always been his better half but he never realized it.

As he sat there lost in these thoughts, someone knocked on his door.

Shantanu : Come in

Vrushika opens the door and enters his room.

Vrushika : Hey

Shantanu : Hey. Are you done with your shopping?

Vrushika : Yes. Shopping and packing are done and we are good to go.

Shantanu : Hmm

Just as he was about to say something, she receives a call.

Conversation over phone :

Vrushika : Hello Ma.

Mom : Hello bacha. How are you and when are you coming back?

Vrushika : I am fine mom. My work is done here. My ticket has been booked for tonight's flight. I will reach home tomorrow.

Mom : Great. Jignesh and his parents are coming for dinner tomorrow. They want to discuss about your marriage with him.

Vrushika : But Mom. I don't even know Jignesh properly. Atleast let us meet each other few more times.

Mom : Guddi, we are not asking you to marry him right away. We are just thinking of getting you guys engaged. After engagement you will have all time to know each other.

Vrushika : As you say mom.

Vrushika says bye and disconnects the call. Shantanu was overhearing the entire conversation and understood the gist of the conversation.

Shantanu : You should have asked permission of your would be before coming to help me.

Vrushika : What?

Shantanu : I mean who will like it if ones fiancee travel across the countries to help a friend especially a guy.

Vrushika : Well, I am sure Jignesh won't mind me doing my duty as a friend. He is a sensible guy.

Shantanu was feeling disturbed on hearing her praise some other guy. He bangs his hand on the table in anger and gets hurt. Vrushika sees blood coming from his wound and runs towards him. She tries to look at his wound but he pushes her away. She again tries to hold his hand.

Shantanu : It's okay. I will manage. You will not be there with me always to tend to my wound.

Vrushika : You are right. I will not be there every time you get hurt but right now I am here and let me just bandage the wound.

Shantanu : I said I will manage.

Vrushika : Just shut up and show me your hand Shantanu.

Shantanu was surprised when she raised her voice. He does not say a single word after that. She quickly cleans his wound , applies the antiseptic cream and finish dressing the wound.

After dressing the wound, Vrushika picks up her bag and takes out something from it. She walks towards Shantanu and ties raksha kavach around his neck. She then picks up her bag and starts to move out of his room. As she was about to go out of the room, she looks back at him.

Vrushika : I know I will not be there every time you get hurt. But I hope this raksha kavach protects you from all danger and keeps you safe. Take care and goodbye Shantanu.

Vrushika leaves for airport as Shantanu sat there in his room brooding over their conversation.

It's been few hrs since Vrushika left for airport. She would have boarded her flight by now and he felt bad for fighting with her just before she left for Mumbai. He just could not even bear her talking about some other guy and he just burst out on her in his anger. He wished he could just talk to someone who wouldn't judge him. He decided to call his mother as she always understood his feelings. He quickly dials her number and she picks up the call on second ring.

Shantanu : Hello Ma

Shantanu's Mom : Hello beta. How are you?

Shantanu : I am okay Ma. I was missing you so much. So I thought of talking to you.

Shantanu's mom: I missed you too bacha.

There was a silence for couple of seconds as Shantanu was not sure what to say to his mom.

Shantanu's mom : Tannu, are you okay beta? Is something bothering you?

Shantanu : No mom, nothing like that. I am just tired and need to sleep.

Shantanu's mom : Okay, you take rest. I will talk to you later.

Shantanu : Bye Ma.

Shantanu's mom: Bye bacha.

Shantanu ends the call and lie down on his bed and closes his eyes. He tried to forget everything and get some sleep but every time he close his eyes, her face comes before him. He has fallen madly in love with his best friend and was not sure how to live his life without her as she was going to be someone else's.

Precap :

Will Shantanu win the show?

Will he lose his love forever?