Chapter 5 : Is this love or not?

After sitting in the garden for a long time, Vrushika decided to go home as it was getting late . As soon as she reached home, her mother asked her to freshen up and come down for dinner. She went to her room after telling a lie that she had food with her friends. She was not in right frame of mind and knew that her mother would ask questions if she saw her in this state. She quickly ran into her room and closed the door behind her. She then went to the bathroom to freshen up and change her clothes.

After 10 mins, she stood in her balcony looking outside. She was still thinking about her conversation with Maccy and Nimit. She agreed to their finding that she cared for Shantanu. But is this care just because he is a close friend of hers or is he more than a friend to her? No, she should not be thinking about anything more than friendship because he just considers her as a friend. But does he consider her only as a friend? Then, why do she always see love in his eyes whenever he look at her.

She once again went through their pics on her phone as she was missing him a lot at that moment. As she went through the pics, she realized that she has always been in love with him but never had the guts to admit it. But now, it's too late to admit her feelings because he has already moved away from her. And it's time for her to move on too. May be they are just destined to be friends who meet once in a while and share a moment of laughter. As she sat there lost in her thoughts, the song maana ke hum yaar nahi, played somewhere nearby. She felt like the song just described her situation.

Maana ke hum yaar nahin
Lo tay hai ke pyaar nahin (x2)

Phir bhi nazrein na tum milaana
Dil ka aitbaar nahi
Maana ke hum yaar nahi…

She knew that if she looked into his eyes, she would fall in love with him again and this time she may not be able to control her emotions.

Raaste mein jo milo toh
Haath milaane ruk jaana

Ho…
Saath mein koi ho tumhare
Door se hi tum muskaana

Lekin muskaan ho aisi
Ki jisme ikraar nahi (x2)

She knew that with time, their bond may grow weaker and cease to exit. Then will he say hi or just smile and walk away like a stranger if they meet each other by chance. When she look into his eyes, will she see the same love and care that she can see in them now.

Nazron se na karna tum bayaan
Woh jis’se inkaar nahi
Maana ke hum yaar nahi…

Phool jo band hai panno mein
Tum usko dhool bana dena

Baat chhide jo meri kahin
Tum usko bhool bataa dena

Lekin wo bhool ho aisi
Jis’se bezaar nahin (x2)

May be years later when someone talk to him about her, she will just remain in his mind as a memory he made during his journey of life. She hoped that she would be part of good memory in his life and not the biggest regret of his life.

Tu jo soye toh meri tarah
Ik pal ko bhi karaar nahin
Maana ki hum yaar nahi…

Kisi daraaz ke kone mein
Teri tasveer mili hai
Phir wohi kaanton ka safar
Wahi phoolon ki gali

She drifted into a restless sleep listening to that song, unable to understand what was happening in her life.

Meanwhile, our hero was loitering in his room unable to understand what was going on in his life.

Shantanu has been trying to keep his mind calm and concentrate on the upcoming game. This reality show was really important to him and any kind of stress or tension can effect his concentration. But how can he concentrate when his mind was still stuck at the last question asked by Nimit.

Can he think of a life where Vrushika is not part of it? Everyone would say that he is already living a life where she does not exist. But that's not the truth. She is always there with him as his strength. You may not see her around him but he know that she is there for him, to hold his hands when he stumble, to scold him when he  does not take care of himself, to fight for him whenever someone says something wrong about him. She has always been his support system. It's just that he never acknowledged her or thanked her enough.

What if she is not there to hold his hand in trouble or to assure him that everything will be fine when he feels low. He felt a sharp pain in his chest thinking about the day when he will be a nobody to her. No, it's painful to think of a life without her. Does this mean that he is in love with her? But what if their love fails and he lose her forever. No, he can't let that happen. He prayed to God to show him the right direction.