Chapter 12

Sam walked by my side in silence. Neither one of us said anything but it didn't feel awkward. This was the silence we were used to where we didn't need to use words. We were just happy to have each others company. We stopped and she listened intently to see where the guys were. Her head titled to the side and her eyebrows furrowed then she relaxed and smiled at me.

"They're in the briefing room or where ever they meet," she stated and began to walk to where they were. We walked into the women's building and some of the women on the floor were rude and stared. Sam just held her head high and walked past them. I looked and them and smirked, they looked really scared. Even though they had no reason to be. Dumb butts. 

When we got the the door Sam walked in first and I followed. Instantly the voices quieted down. I looked around the room and found Robert standing by Alec, I offered him a little smile and then scowled when I met Alec's eyes. I couldn't keep the smile off my face, I hadn't realized how much I had begun to miss Robert. We looked into each others eyes from across the room and I could tell we were thinking the same thing.

Wonder how Wyatt's doing.... 

I dropped Roberts gaze and then looked down at the floor. I'm pretty sure that isn't what Robert had been thinking at all. Why was Wyatt even on my mind at this point? 

"So, why'd everyone shut up when we walked in. Continue!" Sam said breaking the silence in the room. I coudn't help but smile for Sam's sake. She was so straight forward. I walked over to where Robert, Alec, and Oscar was standing. Where was Stephen?

"He's with Alicia," Oscar chuckled as if I'd asked the question.

"How'd you-"

"You looked like you were searching and since you were glancing around the table where all the big boys play, I kinda figured you were looking for Stephen," he chuckled.

"All the big boys? Don't you think you're in the wrong place then?" I joked and stuck my toungue out at him. 

He laughed and then grabbed me playfully. Since we were both injured in some way it wasn't as graceful as some of our other play fights used to be. In fact, it was kind of awkwardly done. He had to avoid my injured arm and I had to avoid his shoulder which was still tender. 

"You guys are done right?" Alec asked sounding annoyed. 

I turned to him and gave him a fake smile. 

"So, what were we discussing?" I asked curiously and looked down at the map they were crowded around.

"We were thinking of sending out more people to keep a further boundary perimeter...maybe building a fort or something."

"Well we definitely can't build anything big. That'll make alot of noise." I mumbled to myself and studied the map.

"Obviously we know that," Alec retorted. I looked up at him and imagined jumping across the table and tackling him. Then ferociously beating the crud out of him.

"I was just thinking," I said and bit my lip as I glanced over the map. They have written in past landmarks and then something caught my eye.

Joe's Car Park

"What about RV's? Like giant ones....?" I asked and then looked up and pointed at the map. "Would they sell those there?" I asked.

Dumbledore walked over to the table and smiled at me. "That's actually brilliant!"

"Jeez, don't sound so shocked."

"Right, you're brilliant and I'm sorry I ever doubted you," he laughed.