Chapter 6

My entire body was exhausted after the long trek from Riverside to Los Angeles. My legs were so tired that they acted like spaghetti; unable to support any form of weight. My shoulders felt like they were falling off from the weight of my backpack. My sides were burning hot and my head was heavy. My eyes could barely stay open and I was dehydrated from the lack of water for the past 10 miles.

I stopped at a bus stop and just waited there while I caught my breath. The cars that sped past me looked like lightning in my dreary eyes. The noises of the engines were loud and it gave me a headache. I had about five miles before I got to Elysian Park and I was almost ready to pass out. I stood up and continued my journey.

After about an hour I made it to the park. I sat under a tree and waited there. I got out my phone and went to Twitter. I saw another one of Mark's Tweets and a direct message. I looked at the tweet first.

Markiplier: Stadium Way and Academy Road

A picture was with the tweet. In the photo there were Mark, Tyler and Ethan wearing shiny red, silver and blue shirts in the middle of a grass field. I went to Google Maps and saw that I was not too far away. I went to the message and saw that it was Ethan.

CrankGameplays: Hi! Would you be able to do the call at 3pm est tomorrow?

Celeste: Yes yes yes I can do that! My heart is racing right now! Thank you! I will talk to you later!

I forgot that Ethan doesn't know that I live in California, so seeing him talk about Eastern US time was odd for a moment. I figured that it would be noon when he calls me. I checked the time and saw that it was 3:47 am. I left to go see the guys before my chance ran out.

I made it to the intersection of Stadium Way and Academy Road with five minutes until 4pm. Once I got there, I saw them; my heros.

I first looked at the stronger man of the three. He had short curly hair and brown eyes. He had a black collar around his thick neck and a tight silver shirt and black pants covering the rest of his muscular body. Apocalypto_12, Tyler, was the man that brought joy to my heart.

The next had fiery red hair and stunning brown eyes. He wore a red shirt and matching black pants as his comrade. This man brought laughter and security to my soul two years ago at the time I was the most scared and the most sad; Markiplier.

Finally, I looked at the young man with the oceanic blue hair and dazzling hazel eyes. CrankGameplays, Ethan Nestor, the boy that saved my life, was standing in front of me. He was shorter than the others and not as strong as they were but that didn't matter. I found them.

With my heart pumping fast and my mind racing, I used the last bit of strength I had to introduce myself to the three men.

"Hi Mark, Tyler and Ethan! How are you guys?"

"Hi!" Mark said as he packed his video equipment, "Sorry, you came a little late to the meet up. We are getting ready to go home now."

"Oh come on Mark! We can spare five or so minutes," Ethan retorted, "Hi! What's your name?"

"Hi, my name is Ceci Baker. I am a huge fan of all of yours. You have no idea what I went through to get here."

Ethan stood silently for a moment and just stared at me. He looked at me with realization on his face. "I just messaged you a tiny bit ago didn't I?"

I nodded my head in response. I'm sure Ethan saw how tired I was. I was about ready to pass out.

"What did you go through to get here?" Ethan asked.

"I walked 55 miles from Riverside to here starting 3:00 pm yesterday to now."

"You walked? I don't believe it." Mark laughed.

"You walked 55 miles?" Tyler questioned, "You didn't drive a car? Where are your parents? Where do you live? You...?"

I didn't have much time before I lost consciousness from the exhaustion so I had to make it quick.

"Listen, my name is Ceci Baker. I am a 16 year old girl, without a driver's license. My mom has schizophrenia and is for some odd reason, trying to kill me. I ran away from home in order to save my life. I made a promise, to myself, that I would meet all of you before I died. The only way ... I could get here was ... by foot especially, since in my rush to leave, I forgot my money. I am ... exhausted ... dehydrated ... and hungry. I am ... on what feels, like the verge ... of death. All I ask ... is, that, I-"