Chapter 7

I woke up alone with the sun in my face and the world spinning. My entire body was hot and I was sweating profoundly yet I felt cold. I tried to raise my arm to block the sun from my eyes but I couldn't move. I forced my arm to move but I couldn't even get it two inches up before screaming in pain and letting it fall back down.

I rested for a few seconds before trying to move again. I used all my strength to lift myself so I was sitting. In my attempts to do so I fell off the bed. I landed head first on the floor with my body following behind me. I cringed and grunted from the pain I now suffered in my cranium. I was out of the sunlight which was all that really mattered to me.

I looked around as everything spun. It looked like whirlpools were all over the ceiling. The walls around me pulsed in and out and swayed like grass in the wind. The ground looked unstable and I couldn't focus on a single thing for more than a second. The simple act of looking made me feel sick to my stomach. In my distorted vision and saw the bedroom that I was in wasn't mine.

I didn't care to look around, I had to get out. I didn't know where I was and I didn't belong there. I slowly got up, every muscle in my arms and legs were filled with immense pain. I felt like a million needles had been stuck in my limbs. My body was stiff and I could hardly keep myself standing. To make it worse I felt like I was on a boat during a terrible storm.

I painfully stood and made my way to the door. My knees turned inwards as I walked, and my arms shook immensely. I held on to the bed as I walked and threw myself to the door; I wouldn't make it the two steps in front of me if I hadn't. I turned the doorknob and collapsed on the floor. I somehow managed to get up and crawl my way to the stairs.

By the time I got to the first step I heard a door open in the hallway behind me. I didn't look back and moved my body so I would go feet first down the stairs. Before I could even begin to leave, I felt two hands grab one arm and two more grab the other arm. I was too tired to struggle and resist so I let them take me.

I was pulled upwards and carried back to the room. I was put back on the bed and the covers were thrown back on my body. I squinted to keep the sun out of my eyes but also tried to open them to see who I was with.

"Celeste, are you okay?" the first one asked.

"Can you hear us?" the second questioned.

The voices that I heard were familiar but unrecognizable to me. The voices were female. I tried to look at the people but I only saw a silhouette. I tried to remember where I heard their voices but it wasn't coming to me. I would be able to see her better if the sun wasn't in my eyes.

I turned my head to the window and pointed as best as I could. In a raspy voice I whispered, "Curtain."

With one word they understood what I meant. The second person, also with long hair but a thicker figure (I don't mean to sound like a bitch. How do you say this without being offensive), closed the curtain so the sunlight wasn't cooking me. I could see the two women more clearly now.

One of them had golden blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. She had light skin and a soft voice that sounded like Nocturne Op.9 No.2 by Chopin. The other had beautiful brown hair and caramel brown eyes with light skin. Her voice sounded like Johann Pachelbel's Canon. I knew exactly who they were.

"Is that better?" Kathrine asked.

I nodded my head yes and looked at the woman beside my bed. Amy looked at me like I was a dying patient in the hospital. The look of urgency and fear on her face was indescribable. I tried to smile at her to tell her I was okay, even if I wasn't.