-1 Month Ago-

Jaebum still tried to get Youngjae to speak to him more. Every day he would ask Youngjae to sit with him at lunch. His friends all thought he was crazy for still trying even though nothing had happened in the past two months.

Today was different. Today Youngjae finally agreed. He muttered something under his breath about how he was only doing this so Jaebum would leave him alone. Jaebum didn't care though, he finally got Youngjae to sit with him and that was all that he could have asked for.

Jaebum walked over to his table where his friends sat at with Youngjae right behind him.

"Youngjae I would like you to meet my friends, this is Jinyoung aka our mom," Jaebum pointed at the boy with black hair and glasses. Jinyoung smiled but didn't say anything.

"Mark, he's the oldest but we're pretty sure he's secretly the youngest," Jaebum gestured towards the blonde boy who was wearing a pink hoodie. Mark smiled and muttered a small hello.

"This is Jackson, he's nice but sometimes he can be pretty extra," Jaebum pointed towards the last boy sitting at the table.

"Oh my gosh hello I've heard so much about you and I just think it's really sweet that Jaebum didn't stop asking you to join us and now you're here and wow that's just too cute for me to handle!" Jackson said in one breath, he got a little excited sometimes.

"There's two more that aren't here, our two youngest. You can meet them later," Jaebum currently had thr biggest smile on his face and it didn't go unnoticed by his friends.

"Um... h-hello..." Youngjae waved timidly, he seemed a bit overwhelmed by all of this.

Jaebum sat down next to Jackson and realized that Youngjae was just standing there awkwardly.

"Here, you can sit next to me," Jaebum patted the empty space next to him and Youngjae sat down.

"So are you guys like a thing now?" Jackson blurted out when they were about halfway through lunch.

A collective gasp was heard around the table and then Jaebum smacked the back of Jackson's head.

"Do you not know how to keep quiet you idiot???" Jaebum was not happy when he looked next to him and saw that Youngjae wasn't there.

Jaebum was trying to figure out where the hell he went when he saw a flash of brown hair going around the corner.

Jaebum chased Youngjae to the bathroom but Youngjae quick locked his stall door before Jaebum could stop him.

"What's wrong? I promise Jackson didn't mean what he said, he sometimes say really stupid stuff..." Jaebum was trying to convince Youngjae to come out.

"It's not that... it's.... never mind. This wasn't supposed to happen like this. Please just leave." Jaebum could hear soft sobs coming from inside the stall.

"I'm sure whatever it is it's something you can get past. I'll leave if that's what you really want, please come out soon." Jaebum was about to leave when he heard a faint voice.

"Don't go..."

Jaebum had to stay when he heard that.

Then he heard something that scared him.

Youngjae was sobbing and muttering something Jaebum couldn't understand.

Jaebum kicked in the stall door and pulled the sobbing boy out. He didn't know what was going on but it didn't matter. He just knew he had to save this boy.

---------------
A/N: Okay so Jaebum's pov for this chapter has more dialogue and it's really not that good because I suck at dialogue. Youngjae's pov will have less dialogue and more of his thoughts.

Also sorry for the low-key angst, I swear this won't be an angst book. Just stay with me and you'll see.

-unedited-