-3 Weeks Ago-

It had scared Jaebum so much when Youngjae started to have a meltdown last week. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't help the boy and that frustrated him more than anything else.

After a few minutes of Jaebum trying to console Youngjae it seemed like he had come to his senses. He quickly pushed Jaebum away and ran down the hall. Youngjae had desperately been trying to avoid Jaebum since that incident. On the other hand, Jaebum had desperately been trying to get Youngjae to just simply talk to him.

He barely knew the boy yet he had this feeling that he should protect him. Jaebum had never felt like this and it was rather strange in his opinion.

Jaebum thought he was the reason Youngjae had been crying. He felt horrible.

Jaebum noticed that he never saw Youngjae outside of school. He never saw him at the market, he never saw him at the library, he never even saw him at the park. Jaebum eventually just decided that Youngjae had strict parents. Deep down he knew that wasn't right though.

Today Jaebum decided he was going to find out what was going on. During lunch he didn't see Youngjae so he went outside to look around.

He finally spotted the boy sitting alone on the bleachers. Jaebum quietly walked up to him so he wouldn't run off the second he saw him.

Jaebum cleared his throat when he was practically right next to Youngjae. Youngjae almost fainted when he heard that.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here because I want answers. I don't know what's been going on with you lately but I just want to know what happened." Youngjae almost ran off but Jaebum grabbed his arm.

"There's nothing going on, just leave." Youngjae looked at Jaebum with such a coldness in his eyes that it almost scared the older boy.

"Whatever happened last week wasn't 'nothing'. Tell me the truth, it can't be that bad." Jaebum pleaded as he tried to get Youngjae to talk to him.

"I'm not going to tell you. Anything I tell you will just hurt. What you're doing right now will just hurt. Don't try to get close to me. Don't try to 'help' me or whatever it is that you're doing. Just leave and forget that we met. Even better, forget that I exist." Youngjae was saying these things that Jaebum couldn't understand. Jaebum hoped he wasn't serious.

"Oh come on, there's no way you mean that.... right?" Jaebum just wanted Youngjae to say that he was kidding. He didn't even care about the truth now.

"No, I meant every word I just said. I don't care about you nor will I ever. Just stop trying to talk to me and leave me alone. You'll just get hurt." Youngjae said that and then ran to the school building before Jaebum could say anything.

Jaebum was wondering if what just happened was even real of if he had just imagined it all. It had happened so fast.

There was obviously something going on with Youngjae. Jaebum didn't know what it was but he promised himself that he would find out.

There was no way Youngjae meant all of what he just said. It seemed like he was lying to protect people. Why though?

Jaebum had a lot to figure out about this boy. He knew this wasn't the end of them, he wouldn't stop trying to get Youngjae to trust him enough to tell him what's actually going on. It would take time but that day would come. He was sure of it.

--------
A/N: Sorry that I missed Friday's update!